Profile Features...and some others...

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Sir Paul

Profile Features...and some others...

Post by Sir Paul »

Allow users to comment on other users profile like facebook or myspace...also how many profile views you have and who viewed your profile last...more things on the profile...more interactive...something that would make people want to actually view profiles...almost just like a social network...

Quick reply integrated....
Easier Mod installation...

Just a few ideas...

Thanks,

Sir Paul

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Re: Profile Features...and some others...

Post by Highway of Life »

My suggestion would be to search the phpBB.com MOD Database for these MODs, as a few of these features exist as a MOD. For the "social network" features (I’m guessing these are feature requests?), I highly doubt those would be added, I know there are some MODs that might do this, but it has not appeared to be a popular request thus far. :) -- although ultimately the decision is up to the Development Team.

Easier MOD installation the teams are working on: “MOD Manager” aka “Blinky” is being developed by the MOD Team to install MODs much like EasyMOD and manage them as well. :)

Quick Reply... well, lets not go there. ;)

Sir Paul

Post by Sir Paul »

I do understand many people dislike quick reply...is there any explanation? I was thinking that phpbb would be better if they had the profile areas like vbulletin does and IPB. Honestly that was one of the main reasons why I wasn't going to go with phpbb but I ended up with it anyways and I am glad I chose phpbb! :D

Realisty

Post by Realisty »

You should read this topic about quick reply ;)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26650

Sir Paul

Post by Sir Paul »

wow my head hurts from just looking at that...so what is the general reason why...

statm1

Post by statm1 »

The understanding Ive gotten over the years is that phpBB is not chat software, so it doesn't need a quickreply.