phpBB 3.2 Discussion

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
JRSweets

Re: phpBB 3.2 Discussion

Post by JRSweets »

Does anyone have any thoughts about extending the permissions system in 3.2 to allow for more local type options.
http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/ascraeus/tick ... t_id=22905

Currently the permission system allows you to very easily add permissions for mods except if you want to create a local type permission (like the local forum permissions). For example if I wanted to create a mod that had per category permissions the current system could not be easily used to do this. Lots of modification to the core code would need to be done.

ChrisRLG

Post by ChrisRLG »

JRSweets, I too need something like that.

I have places I would like to have room moderators without access to seeing the mod logs etc, they should only have post/topic options of sticky/announce/edit/delete. As it is now the system will give them too much power.

Also the time limit edit option for your own posts, is global rather than by room, so where I would like to give timed permission throughout the forum, except in some rooms, where I would like them to be able to edit forever, I cannot set that way, you can turn off the edit, but not give back full edit.

igorw

Post by igorw »

Yeah, that's a thing we (the mod authors) definately would be eternally graceful for :D

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

JRSweets, I have a patch 90% ready, I needed this for my site badly so all my coding effort the last few weeks has been on this.

Maybe (probably ;)) the phpBB Dev team can come up witha cleaner solution, but maybe they will gather an idea or two for my implementation. Either way for 3.0.x I have myself covered now.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

poyntesm wrote:JRSweets, I have a patch 90% ready, I needed this for my site badly so all my coding effort the last few weeks has been on this.

Maybe (probably ;)) the phpBB Dev team can come up witha cleaner solution, but maybe they will gather an idea or two for my implementation. Either way for 3.0.x I have myself covered now.
When you have the patch done what is the possibility of you releasing it... :D

I for one would be very grateful. 8-)

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Ok course you are more than welcome to it. I will mail it on to you. PM me the address you want it at.

fitnfree

Post by fitnfree »

I'm going crazy! For 3 days I've been trying to install EasyMod for 3.x. I keep getting a critical error telling me that "extension.inc" cannot be found. I've looked through ALL files -- even downloaded version 3.1 again and looked for such a file -- no can find.

I can't even find a proper discussion about this; been looking for that for 3 days, too and the closest reference I found directed me back to a forum discussing EasyMod for 2.x. So here I am...

Can anyone PLEASE help me out? I've done everything exactly as instructed...uploaded the directory into another directory titled "mods" in the 'adm" folder. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but just continue to be told I am missing this extension.inc file.

I don't know PHP/mySQL, the mods are extremely difficult to understand how to use, so if anyone could please help me out getting this bugger installed, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks.

poppertom69

Post by poppertom69 »

the easymod for phpbb3 is called mod manager and is still only available for download through the svn at http://code.phpbb.com

fitnfree

Post by fitnfree »

Thanks...but I can't find a download for this anywhere. But it's very helfpul to know the name change. Is it still under development and that's why I can't find a download? I saw this:
There is no set release date, this is another it will be ready when it is ready.
posted at http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... r#p4669895 after much more searching.

I'm coming off of using SMF and thought this software would be far superior, but I'm having so many difficulties it's getting a bit daunting at best and I am feeling very, very lost, sorry. :cry:

statm1

Post by statm1 »

The Mod Manager is not even at beta stage right now. So that is why there isn't a download link. It is being developed by maybe two or three people alongside their duties on the site as well as life and thats why it is being developed slowly.. Please dont get discouraged with phpBB.. It might just take alittle while to get used to from using SMF. :D