Installing EasyMod(Not going well)

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Natsuin

Installing EasyMod(Not going well)

Post by Natsuin »

I may sound foolish for asking this, but o well I am ignorant of how to install the EasyMod. I download the file, and thats it. Some assistance would be very much appreciated.

I don't have a domain, only created a Free Forum and thats it. Nothing fancy.

Many Thanks,

-Natsuin

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Installing EasyMod(Not going well)

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

Natsuin wrote:I may sound foolish for asking this, but o well I am ignorant of how to install the EasyMod. I download the file, and thats it. Some assistance would be very much appreciated.

I don't have a domain, only created a Free Forum and thats it. Nothing fancy.

Many Thanks,

-Natsuin
well, you can't do this or anything else to your board when you are using one of those free phpbb hosts.

you have to have ftp access to the actual phpbb files on the server before you can make any changes.

just FYI, you also can not make a database backup on the free boards. Therefore, if you decide you are serious about your board, and want to move to your own hosting account later, then you can't take it with you.

luck,
robert

Natsuin

Re: Installing EasyMod(Not going well)

Post by Natsuin »

O wow, that is tragic to here. It is an original storyline and board, and of course if I was to leave to 'Paid' board I'd want to take it with me.

Well thank you for your time.

-Natsuin