FTP Error: Could not cd

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
The Steel

FTP Error: Could not cd

Post by The Steel »

Brief history: I've been using EasyMOD fine. My host updated their vdeck. After they udpated, this happened. Yes, I am sure the directory is public_html/forums. I logged on FTP and checked it myself... This is really frustrating. I wasted hours trying to figure this out. Everything I tried didn't work.

Your EasyMOD settings have been updated successfully. (EM password disabled)

Testing FTP access...
1) Logged in successfully

FTP ERROR: could not cd to public_html/forums
You successfully logged into the server, but could not change direcory (CD) to the easymod directory. The following is recommended:

1. Are you sure you entered the correct path? Below is a directory listing of the files in the FTP root directory. The FTP root directory is simply the starting point when you connect. The path to the phpBB2 installation should begin with one of the directory names listed below.
2. Directory names are case sensitive. Be sure the easymod directory is all lowercase.
3. In some *very rare* cases it's possible that you are not connecting to the proper FTP Server. Try specifying the hostname in the FTP Server field and the port in the FTP Port field.
4. Some servers have issues with the passive mode that EasyMOD attempts to use by default. If you have the PHP FTP extension loaded, then enable that option in step 1.

FTP root directory:
/

Directory listing: your FTP Path should start with one of the directories listed below
FTP Error: A file listing could not be obtained. This usually indicates solution 4 listed above.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: FTP Error: Could not cd

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

did you do what it said?

did you go back to step 1 and enable the php ftp extension and try again?

robert