No 'admin' directory - just an 'adm' directory

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
JerseyVoice

No 'admin' directory - just an 'adm' directory

Post by JerseyVoice »

Am I alone in not having an 'admin' directory within the webpages of my forum install!?

The root directories I have are as follows.... adm, cache, docs, download, files, images, includes, ** The renamed install directory **, language, store, styles

Obviously the EasyMOD files need copying to the 'admin' directory but I don't have one! Whatever should I do!? :o

Also, I note that the 'subSilver' style is required. By default my forum installed with 'prosilver' but the only other style ready for installation was 'subsilver2'. Will subsilver2 work with EasyMOD - maybe it's just a newer version.....

... or maybe I just have an all-round very strange version of phpBB!?

I'm installing EasyMOD to install the YouTube mod (so that YouTube video's can be embedded in posts). After running in to difficulty installing EasyMOD I considered a manual installation of the YouTube mod but noticed that this required the install of the Multiple BBCode mod. A manual installation of this became impossible when the exact chunk of code it was asking me to look for in posting.php was not present!

I'm beginning to wonder what's going on! The forum looks fine and runs perfectly otherwise.

Any help would be gratefully received.

James

WhiteWolfSix

Re: No 'admin' directory - just an 'adm' directory

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

You are not alone if you run phpBB3 forum. :mrgreen: EasyMOD is for phpBB2 only.
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)

JerseyVoice

Post by JerseyVoice »

Ahhh, I see. Many thanks for that info!

I guess I shouldn't really ask this here but what would be the recommended solution to my problem then?

Use phpBB2.... or is there a way of getting embedded YouTube videos in a phpBB3 forum?

Many thanks, James

WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

This is not a proper place but answer is very simple. Go to ACP to Posting tab and chose BBCodes. Add new bbcode:

BBCode usage:

Code: Select all

[youtube]{TEXT}[/youtube]
HTML replacement:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{TEXT}"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{TEXT}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Help line:

[youtube]Asm7WOi8ux8[/youtube]
Submit and it's done. It's simple, isn't it?

For adding youtube use only last part of the url. Example:

This is full url

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B0hGyKV9qs
You will use code after =

4B0hGyKV9qs
It will be like this

[youtube]4B0hGyKV9qs[/youtube]
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)

JerseyVoice

Post by JerseyVoice »

Superb. Many thanks for your very detailed answer. All is now working well. :-)

James