'mods are already processed' flag

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
brokensword

'mods are already processed' flag

Post by brokensword »

Hello all,

I'm new to the phpBB forum software and only just discoverd EM. I had problems and the end result is that I had to get the EM version changer to re-install EM (which I did) and when I go to re-install a couple of mods for anti-spamming purposes, I get a note saying all mods have been processed despite I don't have any access through the cP. I don't even know if they're there or not.

The process went like this;

--install EM
--install 2 mods (admin_userlist2 and reg_IP)= both went fine. I had a control panel for 'userlist' and it was much easier than wading through the usual windows.
--installed 'hide zero members' and started to have issues but it went through.
--tried to install anti-bot-question (adq) and that's when I had major issues.
--tried to fix, more issues, had to eventually upload a copy of my phbBB2 folder up to my server. This fixed everything, but; I still had EM and the cPanel for it. I would have thought I'd wiped that clean. No problem; saved me another install of EM
--tried to re-install the two mods that worked and EM says they're aready installed. Ah, if so, where's my evidence via a cPanel for admin_userlist2?

Soooo, what do I need to do to get EM to re-install the mods I need/want?

I'm new to this, so talk slow; eventually, I'll get it...

Thank you in advance.

Michael

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: 'mods are already processed' flag

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

they are showing as installed because you did not uninstall them from the database.
the easiest way is to use phpmyadmin or whatever you have to access your database, find and remove all of the tables that start with EM.
remove the EM parts from the config table as well.

be sure to backup your database before you do this, just in case.

now, reinstall easymod

there are other ways, but they involve a bunch of editing of the database. It is easier to just start over.

luck,
robert

brokensword

Post by brokensword »

Thanks, Robert.

When EM installs the mod, does it put some sort of signature then on each? That is, all mods are controlled by EM, yes? And will eliminating all the EM tables also root out the version of EM, too? I was wondering why when I uploaded the copy to the hostserver that EM was still there. I would have thought it would have been replaced.

Thank you

Michael

Lumpy Burgertushie

brokensword wrote:Thanks, Robert.

When EM installs the mod, does it put some sort of signature then on each? That is, all mods are controlled by EM, yes? And will eliminating all the EM tables also root out the version of EM, too? I was wondering why when I uploaded the copy to the hostserver that EM was still there. I would have thought it would have been replaced.

Thank you

Michael
uploading the files to the server has nothing to do with the database.

the database is what counts.

once you remove EM from the database, then you can reinstall it using the EM files that are still on the server.

don't forget to remove the entries in the config table for EM as well. they are usually on the third page of results when you browse the config table ( might be some other page depending.)

every time you install a MOD, EM puts a record in the database.

robert

brokensword

Post by brokensword »

Thanks, Robert.

I looked at my programs on the hostserver and didn't see anything useful so I downloaded phpmyadmin. I'll play around with it and see what I can do. Will I have to reload the couple of mods I managed to load? I'm assuming so if I delete every EM occurance.

I really appreciate your help! Thank you very much.

Michael

Lumpy Burgertushie

brokensword wrote:Thanks, Robert.

I looked at my programs on the hostserver and didn't see anything useful so I downloaded phpmyadmin. I'll play around with it and see what I can do. Will I have to reload the couple of mods I managed to load? I'm assuming so if I delete every EM occurance.

I really appreciate your help! Thank you very much.

Michael
as I said, the files that you upload or download to the server , have nothing to do with the database.

the database is what we are talking about removing the EM tables/fields from .

who is your host?

most hosts have phpmyadmin already installed, or something like it.

installing phpmyadmin is not that easy for a novice.

check with your host and see if they have phpmyadmin installed for you.

robert