Image size problem with prosilver

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
gchriste

Image size problem with prosilver

Post by gchriste »

Hi, I was wonder, on my installation of phpBB3 and using both the default theme and one I have created from it, if a user posts a post with an embedded image that is very wide, the style just seems to cut it off at the width of the forum. Is there any elegant solution for allowing users to view the entire image, or even know there is more of it.

I admit this is much cleaner than strethching the whole forum, but it seems there is no way to view the whole image?

Appologies if answered, I did a few searches and found some discusions pre-release but nothing since.

Grant

ForumMonkey

Re: Image size problem with prosilver

Post by ForumMonkey »

This is still a problem with Gold!!!
Certified Speed Freak

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

ForumMonkey wrote:This is still a problem with Gold!!!
This was desired over stretching the page off the screen. It’s simply hiding the overflow.

gchriste

Post by gchriste »

Hi highway, I agree this is better than stretching the page. What I was hoping was that someone may have come up with some cleaver code to auto shrink it, or more preferable, have a <click here to expand image> type thing that opens it in its own window for full viewing.

Love phpBB3 though, went live last night with our forums, conversion was perfect.

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

There's a couple of settings in ACP to link big pictures or use a thumbnail (with link) instead of showing them full-size.

gchriste

Post by gchriste »

Ok thanks Nicholas, I will give that a look and see how it goes.