it useto work but now it doesn't

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
NotExistant

it useto work but now it doesn't

Post by NotExistant »

when i put a new mod in the mod directory it shows up in the new mods directory that all mods are installed(processed) now i have found out that easymod isn't connecting to the ftp server i have had a number of problems trying to install a mod into a style and thus completely screwed up my forums so i changed to the subSilver layout i go into the easymod settings and all the ftp info is correct and i try to access the files using all the same data and it works does anyone know what is wrong?

NotExistant

Re: it useto work but now it doesn't

Post by NotExistant »

ok i found out it just wont let me install a certain mod i installed it before but i restored all the files it changed

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

NotExistant wrote:ok i found out it just wont let me install a certain mod i installed it before but i restored all the files it changed
that is because it is in the database that youu have already installed it.

If you have truly restored the files, then you can simply change the name of the text file and it will work again.

for instance, if the install file was named install.txt then change it to install_new.txt

and try again.

robert

NotExistant

Post by NotExistant »

thanks

it didnt work

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

NotExistant wrote:thanks

it didnt work
thats not very helpful. what didnt work? what MOD is it that you are trying to install?

what exactly ( details ) have you done and what exact errors ( if any ) have to got.

robert