Suspecting GOLD Very Soon...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Techie-Micheal

Re: Suspecting GOLD Very Soon...

Post by Techie-Micheal »

These are not the avatars you are looking for. *waves hand*

statm1

Post by statm1 »

I think its all in fun. Leaving alittle mystery can be a good thing.

Edit: And I'm impervious to your mind games! :D

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Has anyone noted the changes in the "standard release announcement comments"-bla-bla-bla (please everybody, especially Acyd Burn, take no offense) about "Release Candidate"?

RC 8 :

Nothing! (other than mentioning the RC version, naturally)

RC7 and RC6 :
after all this is a release candidate.
For all RCs before RC6 ( at least I think, I haven't checked them all)
This is the Xth (and hopefully last) release candidate which is meant to become the Gold release if no more critical problems arise.
As mentioned, for RC8 : Absolutely nothing! - One almost get the feeling : "Yes, it's the #8 in the row,so what?? - why do you even bother to read this? - Because we don't if you do or not! - You know the drill - Go get the POS as you use to, if you want!- Actually we do not care if you do or not!"

... :roll: :lol:

- Or what :?: :P

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Hmm, now that I think of it I'm not sure my above post was well phrased - I mean if I should edit it a bit ...

It's especially about the
"standard release announcement comments"-bla-bla-bla
part ... :roll:

I mean, perhaps it should have been :
"default release announcement comments"-bla-bla-bla
- - - o 0 o - - -

End of kidding here :

It's just a fantastic piece of software now 8-) - I just love it and I'm soo impressed by running it. :D - Personally I have noted that almost no incomming in going on in the bug tracker - that's a very good token that it's "almost there", I think. Hopefully there are no serious bugs left to find. One has to take into consideration about the activity in the bug tracker that the userbase is steadily growing and is quite big now.

dhn

Post by dhn »

It is actually just an internal team revolution trying to subliminally force the developers to finally release this beast. And everyone should join!

SamG

Post by SamG »

I'm not buying into any significance for the avatar colors until I see Captain Picard trying to look like the Man of Bronze.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

statm1

Post by statm1 »

:D

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Basicly a good suggestion from dhn, but I would not know how to handle it avatar wise. You see I'm in the stone age about everything style/image/photo related.

Naturally I could visit a hair dresser tomorrow and ask to get the rest of my hair that once was coloured Gold - something like this : "I would like a hair cut, don't cut too much off, and please colour the rest Gold! :mrgreen: " I would definitely after that statement be faced to the question : " John, why on earth are you even considering that :?: :shock: - Hasen't anyone told you about aging and about living with your age, not against it " - Perhaps even worse : "Why even bother about that grey bit part left?"

- I would even have to visit an other one than I use to, not that I'm embarred by doing so - it's more about the cost of it also. The name of my usual hairdresser is not in phone book BTW, her name is Phillipshave T364.

Also I'm a bit concerned about ending up in a strech jacket if I choose to answer that question honestly.

After that there is also the risc of becomming a victim of happy slapping getting a new pic taken for a new avatar - I mean : With such a hair.

-Furthermore there is the risc of getting permabanned here at Area 51 for impersonating team members - admitted the risc is not huge because dhn has called for it and SHS` hasen't been around for a while :roll:

Personally, I think the best thing for me to do is not to report any more bugs - not even if I get a SQL error or two somewhere in RC8 :mrgreen: - And then report them just after release of Gold :twisted:

statm1

Post by statm1 »

Here here.. no more bugs until "after' gold..lol :D

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Sam,

I think that's a bold (at least bold) call to Highway of Life :roll: - Let's see what happens, I mean : What you are called for by Highway of Life :idea: