Suspecting GOLD Very Soon...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
rivaldo

Re: Suspecting GOLD Very Soon...

Post by rivaldo »

Well, so far, many of my predictions are on track.

How about the one where I state "12/31/Never"? Classic!

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

SamG wrote:With which confident guess? :mrgreen:
All of them.

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

SpawN wrote:What is GOLD ??
A chemical element with the symbol Au (from the Latin aurum, meaning "shining dawn") and atomic number 79.
Oh, but maybe you meant this.

Being serious.
Number of bug reports in the tracker has been stable for a while, not much work going on in CVS lately, last RC released a month ago... are we getting the bottles ready? :P

Gunsmith

Post by Gunsmith »

I dunno about all of you, but I foresee an RCXVII, an RCAlphaTango, and an RCGaiden before we reach Gold. Bright side: if gold releases within the period of the next few days, my guess for it's release will be dead-on and quite epic.
One day, I'll remember to add my actual signature and avatar. I think.

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

Gunsmith wrote:I dunno about all of you, but I foresee an RCXVII, an RCAlphaTango, and an RCGaiden before we reach Gold.
Hasn't been any indication of that.
They said in the announcement for RC7 they think that's the last RC.

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Is it only me who have seen the changes in the support body from RC to stable version in language/en/install.php today about 12 hours ago :idea: :?: :mrgreen:

The version in the database schemas has not been upped in the CVS since relase of RC7, now a month ago. Anyone have any idea why? - Is it a bug :?: :idea: :mrgreen:

code reader

Post by code reader »

Kevin Clark wrote:They said in the announcement for RC7 they think that's the last RC.
au contraire:
RC1 Announcement wrote:This is the first release candidate which is meant to become the Gold release if no more bugs or problems arise.
RC2 Announcement wrote:This is the second release candidate which is meant to become the Gold release if no more bugs or problems arise.
RC3 Announcement wrote:This is the third release candidate which is meant to become the Gold release if no more bugs or problems arise
RC4 Announcement wrote:This is the fourth release candidate which is meant to become the Gold release if no more bugs or problems arise.
RC5 Announcement wrote:This is the fifth (and hopefully last) release candidate which is meant to become the Gold release if no more critical problems arise.
RC6 Announcement wrote:This is the sixth (and hopefully last) release candidate which is meant to become the Gold release if no more critical problems arise.
i couldn't find any such comment on RC7 announcement...
in other words: every RC except RC7 was "expected" to be the last one... ;)

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

RC6 then. I forgot 6 and 7 were back to back.

I was referring to this bit
This is the sixth (and hopefully last) release candidate which is meant to become the Gold release if no more critical problems arise.

We know the security audit is one of the last things to be done. There can't be much more.

I also happen to be in a position to possibly know a little more than the announcements ;) ;) But then again, anything can happen, as we all know. I waiting as eagerly as the rest of you.

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Kevin Clark wrote:I also happen to be in a position to possibly know a little more than the announcements
:shock:

But Bug is More

:ugeek:
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Kevin Clark wrote:I also happen to be in a position to possibly know a little more than the announcements ;) ;) But then again, anything can happen, as we all know. I waiting as eagerly as the rest of you.
“Don't listen to him. He's tryin' to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'm gonna lead you down the path that ROCKS.” (some of you may know what that’s from ;) )