#i**'s in CVS commit comments

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
John Hjorth

#i**'s in CVS commit comments

Post by John Hjorth »

Have any of you noticed the new #i**'s in the CVS commit comments, and does anybody have an explanation for them? - They seem to be some kind of "Internal" ordering of something, but I don't know what! :roll: :ugeek:

Acyd Burn

Re: #i**'s in CVS commit comments

Post by Acyd Burn »

internal tracker ids. :) The same as the bug tracker ids, but with an i to indicate "internal".

edit: the relevant changelog entries will be committed too, so you do not miss anything. ;)

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Well, the interesting part in that internal/non public tracker is also the open/non closed tickets in it. We will just live without knowledge about its contents and the change log entries after a fix will do. ;)

th23

Post by th23 »

I'll risk a guess...it might be related to the security audit that has been mentioned a while ago...maybe its on the way and the outcomes are hold in an "internal" bug tracker ;)

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Yes, it's likely, but we will never know, otherwise Acyd Burn would have posted it above.

ameeck

Post by ameeck »

th23 wrote:I'll risk a guess...it might be related to the security audit that has been mentioned a while ago...maybe its on the way and the outcomes are hold in an "internal" bug tracker ;)
Had the same thought a few days earlier. It might not be far, look at the nature of the fixes, all security and doublecheck stuff :)
Please think before you post.