Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
marosell

Re: Bug is less,

Post by marosell »

theres 9 in the "fix in progress" category. about 117 total

bugs.phpbb.com

suisu-jin

Post by suisu-jin »

Down to 100. Cheers to Acyd Burn... it seams that he was on holidays, came back and worked pretty hard the last couple of hours.
«I've always followed the rule that anything worth doing is worth doing excessively.» (Robert Parker)

Realisty

Post by Realisty »

And down to 81 ... maybe this weekend rc5 :P

suisu-jin

Post by suisu-jin »

Realisty wrote:And down to 81 ... maybe this weekend rc5 :P
I think so. Today a lot of minor bugs have been fixed, so there are still some things that could be done before Gold. 10 bugs are still unassigned.
«I've always followed the rule that anything worth doing is worth doing excessively.» (Robert Parker)

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

I reckon they'll go another week at least.

wintermute

Post by wintermute »

Maybe instead of RC5, they will wrap it and go GOLD. The bug reports will never end, but that RC process has to end somewhere, you know... 8-)
Greetings to everyone...

ChrisRLG

Post by ChrisRLG »

I doubt it - I believe one bug that was found - at least one - needs to have the fix fully tested more.

So I expect RC5 next. Even if it is only short lived before a Gold version follows.

Brutus5000

Post by Brutus5000 »

But there are a lot of testers using the current CVS version. Not releasing another RC doesn't mean that the fixes will be released untested in Gold.

In the end: does it matter if it gets Gold? The RCs get the full support. You can patch them to Gold later. So those who want to use phpBB3 whether some bugs remaining or not can simply use the RC. Users that want to wait for the whole bugfree and maybe more secure package can wait for the final.

Realisty

Post by Realisty »

I think it should be looked at from the devs point of view .... they want an (almost) bugfree version and not a gold version that has lots of bugs so i think they will release an rc5 first and see how that goes.

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

But, with the exception of the pesky style install bug, there have been very few bugs reported -- 36 bugs marked fixed in about three weeks. I think if I were Acyd Burn, I would feel comfortable with RC4 being the final RC -- but I'd be careful to test the upgrade script :geek:
A_Jelly_Doughnut