Bug Tracker Question

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
MKruer

Re: Bug Tracker Question

Post by MKruer »

I will ask this again seeings how it looks like the bug tracker has been upgraded to phpbb3 specs. Will you offer this as an add-on to the phpbb3 when released?

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Let’s work on getting phpBB3 itself released first before we think about add-ons from the Dev team, eh? ;)

yautja_cetanu

Post by yautja_cetanu »

I remember there was talk about this on .com a while back and the devs did seem to consider releasing the bug tracker as an add-on (or mod). But they said that the current bug tracker is so closely tied into phpbb2 that there would be no point so it would be a while after phpbb3 before they would release it if they ever do.

th23

Post by th23 »

Yes, but as the bug tracker is now used under the new page (running phpBB 3) there might be a chance they reworked it... and might consider a release some when after phpBB 3 itself is out the door!?!?

Cheers
Thorsten

cordel

Post by cordel »

Just to interject, I run several phpbb forums that would benefit from this as a MOD as well and would be a great enhancement to those boards.

walkingdead

Post by walkingdead »

i would like a bug traker like phpBB use as its simple and easy to use i run a few small borads and other projects and would like a bug tracker that is easy to use i hope the phpBB team do release this as i would put it on all my boards but i gues we will have to carry on waiting and see if they do

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

Since phpBB moved to SVN and Acyd_Burn said more projects (some internal) would be moved over there is there a change the bug tracker will be moved to there as well?

Highway of Life

JRSweets wrote:Since phpBB moved to SVN and Acyd_Burn said more projects (some internal) would be moved over there is there a change the bug tracker will be moved to there as well?
There are some internal projects that are moving, but it does not mean that they will be publicly viewable. ;)
If you can’t wait -- since Graham’s post, I do not believe we have made a decision on whether or not the bug tracker code will be made public -- you might try requesting a phpBB3 based bug tracker as a MOD. :D

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

Highway of Life wrote:
JRSweets wrote:Since phpBB moved to SVN and Acyd_Burn said more projects (some internal) would be moved over there is there a change the bug tracker will be moved to there as well?
There are some internal projects that are moving, but it does not mean that they will be publicly viewable. ;)
If you can’t wait -- since Graham’s post, I do not believe we have made a decision on whether or not the bug tracker code will be made public -- you might try requesting a phpBB3 based bug tracker as a MOD. :D
Thanks for the reply.

There is one I saw in the mods forum I didn't like so I ended up creating my own (based off the features in the phpbb.com bugtracker) :D

Highway of Life

JRSweets wrote:There is one I saw in the mods forum I didn't like so I ended up creating my own (based off the features in the phpbb.com bugtracker) :D
Sweet!! lets see it! :D