Style development?

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
user99

Style development?

Post by user99 »

Are there free lancers, from whom I can get a phpBB3 style developed to suit my needs. Most important it should be tested enough, and certified by PHPBB3 team.

Brutus5000

Re: Style development?

Post by Brutus5000 »

I don't believe, that the Dev Team is going to certify any community-made templates. It would take too much time, which could be spent on improving phpBB itself.

blackraven007

Post by blackraven007 »

Brutus5000 wrote:I don't believe, that the Dev Team is going to certify any community-made templates. It would take too much time, which could be spent on improving phpBB itself.
So does that mean that phpbb is not going to have a skin demo like it did in 2.X?

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

Brutus5000 wrote:I don't believe, that the Dev Team is going to certify any community-made templates. It would take too much time, which could be spent on improving phpBB itself.
I think he means that the skin will pass our submission guidelines(the check we do before styles are released, to make sure they 'work' before they are released).
DoubleJ - Blah

NeilUK

Post by NeilUK »

Can I ask if there will be any new styles developed by the styles team at phpbb.com? Or are you all busy working on the existing ones? I think that some of the new styles being made now look great but the problem is they all make the Forums look like phpBB2. I guess its understandable until people are more familiar with phpBB3, but the Styles team here would come up with some great ones I'm sure.
"Life Is What Happens To You When You Are Busy Making Other Plans" - John Lennon