Display Start Date of Post on Mouse Over?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Midnight Phoenix

Display Start Date of Post on Mouse Over?

Post by Midnight Phoenix »

I was wondering if this will be included with the final release. On invision forums, when you put your mouse over a topic it shows the day when the topic was started.

Nicholas the Italian

Re: Display Start Date of Post on Mouse Over?

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

I don't think so. Might be a mod of course.

dhn

Post by dhn »

Guess what I just added to subsilver in CVS? ;) There are many variables already available to the template that are not used for the sake of not overloading the template with information. But if someone likes to have this information available in his style (may it be the initial post date, the post subject on the index, and so forth), most of it is already there, and does not require more than adding one variable to the template. No actual code modification required.

Ectoman

Post by Ectoman »

Cool!

Although I can't see the point to that feature at all.

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

Just to see how old a topic is without going to the first page of the thread. I have one topic that is semi-active, and has been for just about four years now. Doesn't hurt anything.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

code reader

Post by code reader »

dhn:
as long as you do play with the template, how about changing the "title" field of the Image ("View Latest Post") icon from "View Latest Post" to the last post title ? (or better yet: last post title if not empty, and "View Latest Post" if the post title is empty)?

bpha

Post by bpha »

dhn
could you be more specific on how to change the code in template files? For now I need to view the contents of the post on mouse over before clicking to view the entire message... please help!!!!