Suspecting RC2 Very Soon...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Lastof

Re: Suspecting RC2 Very Soon...

Post by Lastof »

Hmm, seems IE doesn't play nice with the overflow: hidden; on my sig, it wraps a line of ----. I have to have a very long string, for it too look right for people with big screens. However, I'll try making it much shorter, so it doesn't annoy people too much (maybe that is why people dislike it so much).

And, firefox on the mac plays fine with the url underline.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

CardsFanInChiTown

Post by CardsFanInChiTown »

Nicholas the Italian wrote:
code reader wrote:in addition, my guess is that phpbb group will follow tradition, in that RC stages are typically significantly longer than beta stages. the beta stages were typically 2-3 months each (except one 2-weeks runt cycle), and it's a fair guess that each RC stage will be ~4 months.
:shock: I thought quite the opposite, i.e. RC being shorter than beta - after all it's "just" bug squashing, while during betas there's a lot of other work involved.
What "tradition" are you referring to? 5-year-old 6-RC phpBB2?

Agreed, an RC cycle of 4 mos is ridiculous. If that's the case then they should have just released another beta. Whose tradition are we referring to?

greggish

Post by greggish »

I'm guessing RC2 early to mid July.
WAL*BORG - Resistance is futile. You WILL shop here.

Truestar

Post by Truestar »

Mid-Late June, I honestly think so, call me crazy.

I think we're coming along a bit more quickly now and should see Gold before Thanksgiving. :geek:
[GSF] General of Army Truestar
Galactic Special Forces Gaming Clan

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

Truestar wrote:Mid-Late June, I honestly think so, call me crazy.

I think we're coming along a bit more quickly now and should see Gold before Thanksgiving. :geek:
Hmmm... from at least since March 6, 2006 (if not before), I have predicted that phpBB3.0 would go gold on November 30, 2007, and have held to that prediction. That's still another 6 months out, but as far as I can tell, I'm closer to being correct that anyone else's guess from way back then.

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper »

an R.C without Bertie makes me sad :(

I doubt a second RC will come out though. Just an extended test period of RC1

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

A second RC makes a lot of sense if only to test the updater. The fixes are coming thick and fast too so extra testing for those is probably welcomed.

SamG

Post by SamG »

Shadow Reaper wrote:an R.C without Bertie makes me sad :(
Indeed.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Ashley will have to restart her release poll... everyone probably guessed too short. :D

Late June I think. :)

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

Highway of Life wrote:Ashley will have to restart her release poll... everyone probably guessed too short. :D

Late June I think. :)
Not everyone.