Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
the emperor

Re: Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Post by the emperor »

marosell wrote:http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... 4&start=10

"RC1" text insert: fix in progress :D
since 24 hours :cry:

patpatten

Post by patpatten »

the emperor wrote:
marosell wrote:http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... 4&start=10

"RC1" text insert: fix in progress :D
since 24 hours :cry:

That was a joke :D
Star Trek Guide Forums Moderation Team http://www.startrekguide.com/
phpBB3 MODs and Styles Development - Olympus MOD Database - phpBB programming Academy

Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

I've been around for longer for most of you, but I've only been active on these boards recently.

When I first started running forums back in 2003 (back in the 2.0.4 days), I was really excited for what was then phpBB 2.2. Every now and then, I would download the CVS snapshots and have a look at how 2.0 was evolving into 2.2. Unfortunately, I then experienced Internet connectivity issues in 2004 and 2005 that let to me losing interest in the project, and the fact that development was taking excessive amounts of time didn't exactly help either.

However, back when Beta 1 came out, I started taking note of this project again, keeping a close eye on its development. Some watching in the background transformed into downloading one of the betas (Beta 2, I think it was), then when the converter was added I started doing test conversion runs of my two boards (and I found two or three bugs while I was at it, although time constraints kept me from doing more extensive bug testing (and besides, dark/Rain has that role pretty much covered)). This has now turned into subscribing to the CVS commit mailing list, and setting up a test CVS board for friends of mine to play around with and get used to the new features. Am I excited for the first stable (actually semi-stable) release? You bet. :P

Now, hopefully some of you (particularly those of you who haven't been here as long as some other people have) now realise why us older members are really excited over the RC1 release.

(By the way, where I'll go from here in terms of this community after phpBB 3 goes gold, I don't know. Hopefully, I'll have the time to stick around and watch phpBB 3 develop further.)
Life's a game. Just very badly programmed.

Myhre

Post by Myhre »

I'm dropping out from a family trip tomorrow, to prepare myself and my board for RC1.
Don't let me down this time, guys :D
I may not speak perfectly English, but don't bother. It's not my mother tongue :)

BondGamer

Post by BondGamer »

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but on the Sourcecode documentation page (http://area51.phpbb.com/docs/code/) there is a to do list. I wonder if that is stuff that needs to be done now or after RC1.

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

not sure but maybe after RC1, considering that there seems to be a push to get it released, even if we don't know when

MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Actually, a lot of those have already been fixed. (mabe all)

CardsFanInChiTown

Post by CardsFanInChiTown »

I'll be surprised if we don't get RC1 tomorrow.

nekonoko

Post by nekonoko »

CardsFanInChiTown wrote:I'll be surprised if we don't get RC1 tomorrow.
Yup, looking at the past release dates for the betas and milestones, nearly all of them dropped on weekends. I'd guess if it doesn't show up tomorrow it probably won't until next weekend.
Behind every evil genius is an even more evil cat.

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma »

CardsFanInChiTown wrote:I'll be surprised if we don't get RC1 tomorrow.
not tomowrow i think if they was want realease it that was good tonight

i think next friday or satu. ..........maybe

it gust guess :)