Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
MasterZ

Re: Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Post by MasterZ »

Know what would be great? Release RC1 on the same day as some big console, (although there are none slated to be released anytime soon) and watch how phpBB hurts the opening day for the console :)

Obi_Wan

Post by Obi_Wan »

I hope they'll do a new release today or tomorrow because there are only a few bugs left which aren't "Review later".
May /dev/null be with you!

Skeetergirl

Post by Skeetergirl »

Lastof wrote:
Highway of Life wrote:Man, you guys are like the thousands of kids standing in the cold lines on Black Friday, waiting to get your hands on a PS3 or Wii (or whatever it was) like your lives depend on it. :P
HoL, I've been watching this for at least 3 years (I think longer, I didn't sign up immediately, but, not sure how much longer). I've seen it grow, evolve. At times it's been turbulent, I've wondered whether they would ever manage to complete it, especially when the dev team shrunk to minuscule sizes. And now, it's almost done. RC1 is the last big milestone before gold, were coming up on the home stretch.

How can you not be overjoyed about it. It's wonderful to see a project into which so much effort has gone finally begin to come to fruition.

Admittedly, I don't think I'm quite excited as some people. But, I can believe that anyone who has been here for some time isn't a little :D :mrgreen:
I joined phpBB.com on "Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:08 am " so yeah... been waiting for a while so excuse me if I get a little aggravated at some that minimize the excitment! LOL

Black Antitoon

Post by Black Antitoon »

This just because phpBB 2.2 was in development? :)

aaldere1

Post by aaldere1 »

I joined phpBB.com on "Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:08 am " so yeah... been waiting for a while so excuse me if I get a little aggravated at some that minimize the excitment! LOL
Same here!
Shop smart, shop S-mart.

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

Skeetergirl wrote:I joined phpBB.com on "Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:08 am " so yeah... been waiting for a while so excuse me if I get a little aggravated at some that minimize the excitment! LOL
I wish you hadn't made me do this... I apparently joined phpBB.com on Sat Nov 16, 2002... Where has the time gone? :D

aaldere1

Post by aaldere1 »

I joined on Dec 2002. I know what you mean, it's crazy to think that it's been this long. The time has just flown by, and SOOO much has happened since '02.
Shop smart, shop S-mart.

yongkian

Post by yongkian »

It's quite hard for me. As a site owner and paid programmer to programe our sites, phpBB 3 is important for us for our futher development.

I once joke with my programmer "you better pray hard that RC 1 going to release soon. If not no job for you." MUAHAHA

seem like RC *going* to be release soon! soon there will be futher development for our site! YAY! I love phpBB! 8-)

marosell

Post by marosell »

http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... 4&start=10

"RC1" text insert: fix in progress :D

Myhre

Post by Myhre »

Funny to see that translating designs on phpbb.no (The Norwegian phpBB community) has been on hold for 3.0 since 2004..
We could have translated many templates since 2004 ;)
I may not speak perfectly English, but don't bother. It's not my mother tongue :)