A different way of asking

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Numlock2KS

A different way of asking

Post by Numlock2KS »

It seems that my last post was deleted. I suppose that censorship is an effective tool in pressing thought toward a specific goal.

I will ask the same question in a very VERY polite manner this time.

Since Beta5 operators are to be discarded when RC1 is released, as clearly stated in http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4&t=538609, when does the development team suggest that operators begin using phpBB?

I have been a phpBB operator so long that I do not want to disclose how many years it has been. In that time I have suffered many crashes due to version upgrades. I will NOT go through this again. The boards that I operate now are so heavily modded that they are beyond upgrade. I know and accept this as the way that things are and will be. I will keep these boards live as users decide to migrate to the new platform. This is my solution to the upgrade path. My question is to ask what the word 'soon' means to the development team. As far as implementing a 'captcha', *Blink*...ummm... Wow!... This is where I bite my tongue and smile politely.

Have a nice day.

Martin Blank

Re: A different way of asking

Post by Martin Blank »

It's been stated several times that support begins at RC1. If you want stability, please wait for the gold release.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

Lurttinen

Re: A different way of asking

Post by Lurttinen »

Soon, as in, we do this for free and have life outside phpBB.
Martin Blank wrote: It's been stated several times that support begins at RC1. If you want stability, please wait for the gold release.

^ ^
As said above. You would have seen this answer if you would have used the friendly search feature.