if no wysiwyg then not a big change

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
auday

if no wysiwyg then not a big change

Post by auday »

hello

right now in the new forums world ..wysiwyg is important and the more we go ADVANCE the more we have more lazy users ...and we r all users in the same time

what is the risk in tinymce for example if we

1- enable only the basic buttons ... B i u - lists images urls and so on .......font color ...font size ...what else ...ohh other stuff that i dont use ..tables?

2- remove the HTML or source button ...no one can view the html ...so? who can post html codes?
text area process only the bbcodes ....other decorations ..bold italic underline all are hiden ...no one can see the source ...no one can add soemthing to the html ...

where is the risk ...

ohhhh we have to enable the html on the baord so we can use tinymce! ..well ...here is the trick ...enable only html with the SAFE tags ...font ...bold ...table ..

other stuff can be disabled ....

tinymce can block bad things ...like applets ....

ok the guys copy and paste text ...might have java or something ...we can filter it ...no java processing ...

well what about openWysiwyg ...it s light ...very small file , it is less than 300 KB in total ...everything is 300 KB

http://www.openwebware.com/products/ope ... aded.shtml

discussed before? not again? i am saying something else ..new and a bit different than jsut give us wysiwyg

thank you guys ...i appreciate your hard work ...
auday al iraqi

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Re: if no wysiwyg then not a big change

Post by Highway of Life »

auday wrote: 1- enable only the basic buttons ... B i u - lists images urls and so on .......font color ...font size ...what else ...ohh other stuff that i dont use ..tables?
Only the basic stuff is included in the posting page: Bold, Italic, underline, Quote, code (which I use most often), list, url, flash, size and color.
That’s pretty basic... and of course you can add whatever else you would like using the Custom BBCodes.
auday wrote: 2- remove the HTML or source button ...no one can view the html ...so? who can post html codes?
text area process only the bbcodes ....other decorations ..bold italic underline all are hiden ...no one can see the source ...no one can add soemthing to the html ...
Are you aware that viewing source is not controlled by the website, but by the browser?
It does not matter what site I go to, or how they might even attempt to keep me from viewing the source code with Javascript or any other method... I always have ways.
The point is, HTML is a lot more vulnerable than you can imagine.
Do plenty of searches here on area51, and you will see why it was not included with phpBB3. -- anyways, that’s not open for debate.

300KB is big.
I’m sure a WYSIWYG post module will come along as a MOD, when that time comes, if you want it... feel free to install it.
But again, that won’t be included with phpBB3

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

I have been on vB sites with wysiwyg before. If wysiwyg makes the site slower like that vb site I went, then I rather have none and only have basic core of what phpBB3 offers.
hmm....

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

I heard that it is in development for phpBB3 and will be released after phpBB3 reaches RC1… but I know it will be created, so you can have it if you want it :)
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

rockinaway

Post by rockinaway »

I think it is good that it hasn't been built in as some people may not like such a robust post page...

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

I have never seen a WYSIWYG post editor that I can tolerate using. I wouldn't mind letting it handle things like bold and italics, but list editors and more complex stuff never seem to work as I intend in WYSIWYG editors.

marosell

Post by marosell »

^^^ you're kidding, right handyman? did you mean to refer to a mod?

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Yes, I'm sorry… the MOD is in development for phpBB3 and will be released sometime after RC1.
sorry for the confusion. :roll:
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

igorw

Post by igorw »

I think it's great that the dev team doesn't want to spoil the fun for us modders! :D