Having this on another test forum (not live)

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Obi Wan

Having this on another test forum (not live)

Post by Obi Wan »

Having trouble to get the bbcode to work right way, i mean the sizing thing, look at the image.. How to fix, and were to look???
Attachments
Size problem
Size problem
bbcode-size.jpg (9.53 KiB) Viewed 13775 times
May The Force Be With You All!

TimJBart

Re: Having this on another test forum (not live)

Post by TimJBart »

Sorry, but I have to ask the obvious...you haven't got Disable BBCode for that particular message ticked have you? :lol:
In vino veritas

Obi Wan

Post by Obi Wan »

Nope, it is not. All bbcode are allowed, so what can it be, som trouble with the database, or what can you suggest i should look for..

thnx for any help, this phpbb3 look promissing to me, so i would eliminate all problems before the RC 1..

thank you

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

There's a maximum size limit on the size BBCode.

TheCoolGamer

Post by TheCoolGamer »

Cap'n Refsmmat wrote: There's a maximum size limit on the size BBCode.

This is size 150:
TEST

It is named as large. Above that there is huge (with a value of 200). So it isn't above the size limit.

Obi Wan

Post by Obi Wan »

Okay, so how do i get the size back online then? I've been looking in almost every file, but i can't seem to locate the problem..

code reader

Post by code reader »

i believe you run beta-5, in which size was not yet in % (30-200 or so) but rather in px (1-28 or so).
you want to set , not .

i may be wrong, of course, but i think this is the case.
have a good day.

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

you can set the max size in the ACP, I think it's board settings or features… anyways, have a look around, it's somewhere in the ACP.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

Obi Wan

Post by Obi Wan »

Still no good. Having same problem in subsilver2 also, so there has to be something else..And yes i am using b5, but i don't use it live, testing it local for now..
so, is this a problem known to phpbb team, or is this only the b5 syndrome.. :mrgreen:

code reader

Post by code reader »

Obi Wan wrote: Still no good. Having same problem in subsilver2 also, so there has to be something else..And yes i am using b5, but i don't use it live, testing it local for now..
so, is this a problem known to phpbb team, or is this only the b5 syndrome.. :mrgreen:
i will try one more time, as slowly and clearly as i can:
0) there is no known problem with the [size] bbcode. the problem is the way you use it (see below).
1) it has nothing to do with prosilver or subsilver. it has to do with the way size bbcode is interpreted.
2) some time after beta-5 came out, the devs had switched from pixel-size interpretation of the [size] bbcode to percent based interpretation.
3) your site is beta-5, so in your site you should still use pixels, (as in ), and not percent (as in ).
in your site, would be interpreted as 200 pixels, which is more than 1/4 the screen using the most common resolution.
phpbb does not allow such huge characters. iirc, the maximum size allowed was 28.
4)i hope it helps.