Download 'Olympus' Demo ?!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
smithy_dll

Re: Download 'Olympus' Demo ?!

Post by smithy_dll »

cooleo100d wrote: Oh god I'm pathetic. :roll:
That you are, now go take a cold shower :P :mrgreen:
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Sorry to bring this topic from the grave, but I wanted to ask a question based on dhn’s post...

Now that prosilver is released and we can see the fonts actually used for the localization buttons...
dhn wrote: If I recall correctly, the current buttons are simply Arial. The only object using Triplex is the logo. The new style will also use freely available fonts for the buttons to make internationalisation quick, cheap, and easy.
SHS` noted to us that the buttons are using Helvetica Neue, which is a commercial font.
How will the international community (i.e. translators) be able to translate the buttons in their own language and style as the default prosilver? (besides purchasing the Helvetica Neue font.

Or, is the phpBB team anticipating that the translators will all have to make that purchase?

VinDuv

Post by VinDuv »

Highway of Life wrote: SHS` noted to us that the buttons are using Helvetica Neue, which is a commercial font.
How will the international community (i.e. translators) be able to translate the buttons in their own language and style as the default prosilver? (besides purchasing the Helvetica Neue font.
Or, is the phpBB team anticipating that the translators will all have to make that purchase?

They will use their Macs, since Helvetica Neue is provided with Mac OS X :mrgreen:

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

/me opens Font Book

Oooooo, look at that. Cool.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Lastof wrote: /me opens Font Book

Oooooo, look at that. Cool.
:lol: HAHA!! I know... I was pleasantly surprised as well to find it was in there. :D
Now for once we have a stick up! :P

Okay, but seriously, what about everyone else? :?

bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

VinDuv wrote:
Highway of Life wrote: SHS` noted to us that the buttons are using Helvetica Neue, which is a commercial font.

They will use their Macs, since Helvetica Neue is provided with Mac OS X :mrgreen:

well i have to say what about us people using windows how can we make like the translation

TigerWolf

Post by TigerWolf »

Heres a demo aslong as you dont use "a"
http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/down ... font_info/

:D

Drexion

Post by Drexion »

Highway of Life wrote: Okay, but seriously, what about everyone else? :?
They will do exactly as they have done for years - fake it by using another similar font if they cannot afford to purchase it.

This is nothing new to the styling community. For example, for years now people have faked Triplex Bold (the commercial font used in the phpBB2.0 logo) by applying a faux bold modifier to Arial Bold.
bad-dj wrote: well i have to say what about us people using windows how can we make like the translation
You do not need the exact same font to create your own style.