Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
bad-dj

Re: Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Post by bad-dj »

i think RC will be out in May because there are a lot of bugs to be fixed.

MikeR

Post by MikeR »

it'll never be released. ;)
(sorry, couldn't help being sarcastic.)

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper »

I don't think it will be the end of May, more likely the end of April. The bugs to be fixed like what happened with SHS' and Acyd Burn when they fixed bugs recently, they did alot at once which brought the number down to around 40 before new bugs were posted.

bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

yes i seen when it got down to 40 it was like 2 or 3 days ago that was so cool but some times when you do a lot of bug fix's they could of made human merstacks.

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper »

bad-dj wrote: yes i seen when it got down to 40 it was like 2 or 3 days ago that was so cool but some times when you do a lot of bug fix's they could of made human mistakes.
Just like that one :P

bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

yes and i did not see that. thank you for pointing that out.

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

It goes to prove that the devs are working really hard to get RC1 release too. So with us being eager, we aren't the only ones. The devs are eager to get Olympus out!
hmm....

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma »

yexusbeliever wrote: It goes to prove that the devs are working really hard to get RC1 release too. So with us being eager, we aren't the only ones. The devs are eager to get Olympus out!

iam sure of that too :mrgreen:

boy ms

Post by boy ms »

There's one way to release RC1 in this month. Devs have to do all features which they want to have in Olympus, have to fix main bugs (if they aren't already all fixed) and then say - STOP - we publish RC1 now. This forum runs on actuall CVS, is more stable then many phpbb2 with mods. If I have a look everyday in bugtracker, I look like this - 8O :roll: :? :(
I see that devs have tendency to make perfect, non-bug forum system - yeah, that's nice idea, devs, but it's impossible....!

jumborex

Post by jumborex »

boy ms wrote: [...] Devs have to do all features which they want to have in Olympus, have to fix main bugs [...] and then say - STOP - we publish RC1 now. [...]

This is really sensible, in my point of view! 8) If this is the situation, (i.e. bugs are fewer and fewer) possibly the best idea is pack an RC1. ;)
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
(Thomas Alva Edison)