Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
John Hjorth

Re: Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Post by John Hjorth »

Well, as it has been public knowledge for years, that there would be a new style with phpBB 3.0 as a integrated part of phpBB 3.0, your point above really makes no sense.

Garrydw

Post by Garrydw »

Garrydw wrote: I am going off the posting from Fountain of Apples where he quotes psoTFX stating that prosilver was not going to be released in the RC's and it would only ship with the final release.

Given that, RC would definately be out sooner as we would not be dealing with all of these prosilver issues yet. We would at least have RC1 with subsilver (sooner than later) and we could has out the prosilver issues after the final release.

Let me quote myself quoting fountain of apples who quoted psoTFX as saying that prosilver was not going to be released in the RC phase. I am mostly being sarcastic if you can't tell.
yeah yeah yeah... I know... it will be ready when it's ready.

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

The past is burried - let's look forward! ;)

Garrydw

Post by Garrydw »

Sounds good... do you have some binoculars that I can borrow? :lol:

J/K... Garry

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

- No need for binoculars ... - I have such a thingy - a glass ball - here on my desk that tells me that we will see RC-1 here in April.

Garrydw

Post by Garrydw »

Very cool... can't wait.

Fountain of Apples

Post by Fountain of Apples »

Good grief every reply I make is taken out of context. Why do I continue to post?
A successful community begins with YOU. Tag, you're it.

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

No, I think we'll see RC1 just into May. Say, Friday May 4th, just before the UK's Bank Holiday Monday (and, possibly other countries), giving us a chance to have extra time to upgrade all our sites without the bother of work or school.

Oh, and it's my Birthday. I just think RC1 should be released on my Birthday. Because I'm special.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Footballer

Post by Footballer »

Fountain of Apples wrote: Good grief every reply I make is taken out of context. Why do I continue to post?

Don't worry FOA, I understood what you said, and more importantly what you meant! :)

Freelance

Post by Freelance »

I would love to see RC1 released, but I think another beta would be better.
So beta 6 in a few weeks (end april) and RC1 in June.
Sh*t Can Happen !!!
[Building a large project based on phpBB3 - Progress 15%]
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII]