How does one....

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Starcraftmazter

How does one....

Post by Starcraftmazter »

Send an email to everyone in a specific group?
And where is the entire mass email function of the forum gone to? I can't seem to find it anywhere!

Also, why doesn't phpbb3 have subtitles on threads? I only just noticed, and I think I saw them a long while back in one of the CVSes.

karlsemple

Re: How does one....

Post by karlsemple »

mass email is in the admin control panel under the system tab :)

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

There never have been "topic descriptions" during phpBB3's development.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

...and you can send an e-mail to a whole group, if the admins allow it, clicking on the group name in the legend (index page) and then clicking the usual PM button.
Or you just type the group name in the recipients field.

(Three messages to answer three questions... ;) )

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Ironically, I think this topic is an excellent example why there's very little point in topic descriptions or subtitles. If you can't come up with a descriptive title ("How does one..." doesn't tell me you want to know about mailing to a group or subtitles), what would a topic description add?

Starcraftmazter

There are many good reasons to have subtitles, and I guess you just have to use them to understand.

Anyway, thanks, and also on a similar note, are all the usergroups always displayed in the legend, so you can go to them that way? Because I was looking for the groups page the other day and couldn't find it either, the public one I mean - not the ACP one.

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Starcraftmazter wrote: Anyway, thanks, and also on a similar note, are all the usergroups always displayed in the legend, so you can go to them that way?

It's up to the admin to decide which groups display.
Because I was looking for the groups page the other day and couldn't find it either, the public one I mean - not the ACP one.

There's no such thing, AFAIK.

Starcraftmazter

Yer, but there was in the previous version, and that's the thing.

kazwo

Post by kazwo »

Because I was looking for the groups page the other day and couldn't find it either, the public one I mean - not the ACP one.

Go to the User Control Panel and select "Usergroups". I think this is what you're searching for. ( ucp.php?i=167 )

Starcraftmazter

kazwo wrote: Go to the User Control Panel and select "Usergroups". I think this is what you're searching for. ( ucp.php?i=167 )

Yes, that's it!

Why did they stick it all the way over there?