Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
cwbullet

Re: Bug is less,

Post by cwbullet »

John. Funny. That was a rib tickler. We may have to start a new threat. When do you think phpbb will be back up?

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

I don't have a clue. I read the same pages as you do. I don't know what I think about this ultimative kind of bug squashing by simply pulling the site, tracker and all. Theoreticly it should imply, that we could download phpBB 3.0 Gold right now from SourceForge because of no bugs left, however, I can't find the files there. :lol:

- - - o 0 o - - -

Seriously : It is impossible to look for signs other than the availble places of the usual ones, CVS stats, CVS files repository etc. The only tiny thingy here on area51 that I have noted is the little "top" in lower left corner of all posts. So area51 has been updated under the few hours downtime saturday.

cammie895

Post by cammie895 »

John Hjorth wrote: The only tiny thingy here on area51 that I have noted is the little "top" in lower left corner of all posts.

Thanks for pointing that out. How handy!

yautja_cetanu

Post by yautja_cetanu »

because you do what you are addicted to without combining it with other addictions (drugs, alcohol, women), which is actually possible.

I'm trying to imagine this one,
Maybe you're so addicted to checking it constantly that you don't sleep and require constant cocaine to keep you awake and alcohol to fight the depression from lack of sleep and social life? Maybe with hiring prostetues (obviously not for sex but so that you'll have someone to say "Hey look there is one less bug!!!! RC1 is slightly closer!!!!!112121" and pay her to pretend to be excited).

I could imagine that if you got to this stage, your wife would be justified in her worry...

EDIT: On a more series note, It looks like the rumours that the site would be down to usher in some kind of release is probably not true as it seems it was to fix a hard drive problem.

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

yautja_cetanu wrote: EDIT: On a more series note, It looks like the rumours that the site would be down to usher in some kind of release is probably not true as it seems it was to fix a hard drive problem.

But, they would want to replace the hard drive before they released RC1, wouldn't they.

What, let me live with my delusions.

At least this happened now, because you know that if things were going to fail anyway, you know it'd be just after either RC1 or Gold. This way everything will (hopefully) be nice and shiny.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

yautja_cetanu

Post by yautja_cetanu »

Lastof wrote:
yautja_cetanu wrote: EDIT: On a more series note, It looks like the rumours that the site would be down to usher in some kind of release is probably not true as it seems it was to fix a hard drive problem.

But, they would want to replace the hard drive before they released RC1, wouldn't they.

What, let me live with my delusions.

At least this happened now, because you know that if things were going to fail anyway, you know it'd be just after either RC1 or Gold. This way everything will (hopefully) be nice and shiny.

Sorry... What i meant to say was now we're CERTAIN RC1 is about to released. The hard drives clearly failed because they couldn't deal with the awesomeness of RC1 :P

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

What if the downtime was a lie to secretly get phpbb.com converted and upgraded? You know, it takes a couple of days to run the conversion on such a big board... ;)

Really, joking. If that was the case, they could at least move support forums from phpbb.com to area51 in a bit more organized manner. Unless they're trying to keep it realistic and coherent with the "problem"... Bertie is sooo smart...

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

Nicholas the Italian wrote: What if the downtime was a lie to secretly get phpbb.com converted and upgraded? You know, it takes a couple of days to run the conversion on such a big board... ;)

Really, joking. If that was the case, they could at least move support forums from phpbb.com to area51 in a bit more organized manner. Unless they're trying to keep it realistic and coherent with the "problem"... Bertie is sooo smart...

you know that would be a good excuse for having a hard drive failure, then again perhaps the drives really did fail as they couldn't cope with RC1!!! :D

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Nicholas the Italian wrote: What if the downtime was a lie to secretly get phpbb.com converted and upgraded? You know, it takes a couple of days to run the conversion on such a big board... ;)

If that is really true, then we have very bad humor :lol: (And offcourse, a failing raid isn't fun, so we has then need another excuse to find for it, instead of broken hardware. :))

Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

I think its an unfortunate circumstances. Maybe they planned the release of RC1 last weekend and went getting ready for it. They it just broke. Can happen and i hope they will be able to fix it soon and i think SHS and others are doing everything they can to get the .com site back online asap.

Maybe we need a container for Bertie to reassure us it couldnt hapen again the honey in the hardware. I hope SHS has given Bertie some major detention for causing this :P
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it