Login problem..?

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
drw

Login problem..?

Post by drw »

Installing EasyMOD beta (0.3.0)

I access to folder forum/admin/mods/easymod/ and then i click easymod_install.php. That redirects me on login page. I login in, and then forum loads easymod install page, that first "Step 1 (gathering settings):" page. I choose:

"I don't have FTP access. Have EasyMOD suggest what to do please!",

and press submit. Page redirects me again to login page. So, i log in, and im again in that "Step 1 (gathering settings):" page. What is problem, why forum always directs me to login page..?

i have been make 3 workin installations with easymod before, but now something is wrong. I did take fresh copy of easymod and i replaced those files on /mod/easymod folder. On Mysql database are not any marks about easymod. Sorry about my english, i hope someone understad what i mean..

-drw

drw

Re: Login problem..?

Post by drw »

It looks like mysql database problem. If i use other working forum and rename it, ja change config.php settings to use that database what is broken, same problem cant log in by install page, or cant log in by admin page "MOD CENTER" install mods.

-drw

drw

Post by drw »

i did take these lines from working database and import to "broken" database:

NSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('EM_version', '0.3.0');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('EM_password', '347986546738947687347663476');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('EM_read', 'server');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('EM_write', 'server');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('EM_move', 'copy');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('EM_ftp_dir', '/');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('EM_ftp_user', '');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('EM_ftp_pass', '');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('EM_ftp_host', 'localhost');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('EM_ftp_type', 'fsock');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('EM_ftp_port', '21');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('EM_ftp_cache', '0');

So, now i have an error message:

Critical Error: This version of EM has already been installed. Terminating to prevent reinstallation.
If you are trying to reinstall this version, change the EM version number from the Admin Control Panel under EasyMOD Settings. Or you could also use the EM Version Changer (by GPHemsley) here.

I changed version number on database, and try install, but now i am at start line again. Same squirrel wheel with login.?

drw

Post by drw »

Ok. I figured out. Now its workin. I replace `phpbb_easymod_processed_files` values, and replace easymodi files by hand. thanks anyway, hope this story help someone else.

-drw

Poomerio

Post by Poomerio »

Congrats!
If you have any further questions, then don't be afraid to ask!

- Poomie

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Even though you came up with a solution, here is the best way to deal with the problem you encountered. I'm sorry that I was late to the party and couldn't help when you needed it most...

Looping Login Problem

What is the Cookie path in General Admin Configuration in your ACP? If it isn't set to / you might want to try it. Changing this setting will force all of your members to have to clear the cookies to your board in their browsers...

If that doesn't work, then you can edit your easymod_install.php file and remove the following section, which causes more harm than good:

Code: Select all

//
// Only administrators here, please
//
if( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] )
{
	redirect(append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=admin/mods/easymod/easymod_install.$phpEx", true));
}
if( $userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN )
{
	message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_admin']);
}
Let me know how it goes...

hdevine

Post by hdevine »

I've been having the same problem installing EasyMod on my board (the looping login problem). I checked my cookie path, and it is already set to / . Should I set it to something else? This is the only board that I have on my site, so I don't have the luxury of trying to install EasyMod on another site.

Thanks for any help.
Harry