Recent posts mod?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
GAMER4EVER

Recent posts mod?

Post by GAMER4EVER »

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not...

I was wondering if anyone will be making a mod that will display a list of recent topics in any given space on a site (possibly with a line of HTML or PHP code?) I also think it would be good if the text could be styled to fit in with the rest of the site. This feature would really help me out - I have 4 content boxes on the side of my site's pages, and I really want a recent posts/topics one.

Thanks!

By the way, I'm looking for a phpBB 3.x mod.

matthewf

Re: Recent posts mod?

Post by matthewf »

what mods there are aren't official nor are supported at this moment in time, I would suggest you wait for at least RC1 and ask again

GAMER4EVER

Post by GAMER4EVER »

Okay, thanks.

Aled

Post by Aled »

Brickfilms.com has one of these on the pages which arn't the forums. It's for phpBB 2.0.5+ though I think so it won't be able to be in use with phpBB 3, unless the code is exacly the same, which it is probably not...

-Aled

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Aled wrote: Brickfilms.com has one of these on the pages which arn't the forums. It's for phpBB 2.0.5+ though I think so it won't be able to be in use with phpBB 3, unless the code is exacly the same, which it is probably not...

-Aled

The code is not the same.
It's not possible for a mod for phpBB2 to work with phpBB3.
Though there is one out for phpBB3 already :)
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

m u r

Post by m u r »

Really? Where?

Realisty

Post by Realisty »

There is one at phpbb.com and you can find it here :http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=573680