When Will YOU Upgrade to phpBB3?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Nicolas Fraga

Re: When Will YOU Upgrade to phpBB3?

Post by Nicolas Fraga »

I'm use phpBB 3 currently. =) But my forum is offline today. =/
The Best Regards, Nicolas Fraga

My Styles and mods | My Portfolio | My Downloads

Case

Post by Case »

I was planning to upgrade to RC1 with my new style. After getting some advice from others though, I'm going to wait for gold and the secret style and port my template based on that. Apparently the coding is very different from subSilver.

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Statements by the dev team suggest that the underlying coding for the new style is actually very similar to 3.0 subSilver. It's constantly used to emphasize there's really no need to release the secret style before gold because any issues found with subSilver apply to the new style too. That couldn't be true if it were to be "very different from subSilver." (other than in outer apearences, but as I understand it you won't be concerned with that because you have your own style).

I'll be doing my style porting based on my current style (which itself is mostly derived from 2.0 subSilver - looks very different though) and the 3.0 subSilver you're looking at now. If the new secret style contains any radical code, I'll see if I can retrofit it to my own style. Based on what I say above, though, I fully expect the "radicality" of the new style to be in the looks, not in the underlying code. A different look I don't need for my board, for the time being.

Case

Post by Case »

Yea, to be honest, that's pretty much what I'm doing. I'm creating a style based on the 3.0 subSilver. Someone who has seen the new style a while back advised me that it is coded very differently. Who knows though, its all rumours and things change.

I can always re-do my style if I feel its necessary. At least I'll have all the images and layout in place so I know what I'm aiming for.

Smokeydogg

Post by Smokeydogg »

gonna wait till a decent style is made hopefully by then certain mods i like will be updated for 3

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

Case wrote: Yea, to be honest, that's pretty much what I'm doing. I'm creating a style based on the 3.0 subSilver. Someone who has seen the new style a while back advised me that it is coded very differently. Who knows though, its all rumours and things change.

I can always re-do my style if I feel its necessary. At least I'll have all the images and layout in place so I know what I'm aiming for.

No-one outside of the team has seen the new style so I doubt you know someone who has seen it, unless of course someone in the team told you that :)

Case

Post by Case »

CyberAlien said he saw the new style a while back. :)

http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.ph ... 6&start=30

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

karlsemple wrote: No-one outside of the team has seen the new style so I doubt you know someone who has seen it, unless of course someone in the team told you that :)
And CyberAlien is not the only one, BTW. ;)

Starcraftmazter

Post by Starcraftmazter »

The second cashmod gets ported.

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Starcraftmazter wrote: The second cashmod gets ported.
What second Cash MOD?
Is it not Xore’s CashMOD? :?: