RE: easymod password

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
digilevi

RE: easymod password

Post by digilevi »

Hi guys!

How can i reset my easymod password? i forgot it :)

tnx in advance. :)

Poomerio

Re: RE: easymod password

Post by Poomerio »

Here are some steps to remove the EM password (Thanks to Nightrider):

phpMyAdmin - Manually Changing the EM Password

The following is how you manually modify your EM password using phpMyAdmin. You can get into your database through your CPanel by clicking on phpMyAdmin. Follow the following instructions:

I'm sure that every host is different. I will tell you how I run my queries manually and hopefully it will be close to what you have available to you. The following may or may not be similar to what you have...

Log into your domain Control Panel and find the database icons. You should be able to find the phpMyAdmin icon. Click on it...

Hopefully that will log you into your phpAdmin panel. You may need to provide a username and password...

In the phpMyAdmin panel, click on the Databases hyperlink...

Hopefully that should take you where you can select your database. You may only have one. Select your database hyperlink...

That should open up the display of all the tables in your database. Ignore them. Somewhere on the page, you should see something similar to this:

Click on the phpbb_config table in the Left column navigation bar:

Then on the top left of the right window, click on the Browse button:

Then to display all the records, change the row settings to 500 starting with record 0, then press the Show button:

Scroll down to the EM Password field, then click on the little pencil icon next to the record to edit it:

Enter the following into the config_value Value editbox:

Code: Select all

d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e

Then press the Go button. You should now be able to log into EM without entering a password. Once you get into EM again, you can add another password in EM Settings if you prefer to have one.

- Poomie

digilevi

Post by digilevi »

thank you very much...its very kind of you

Poomerio

Post by Poomerio »

Hey, no problem :D
If you have any more questions.etc, don't hesitate to ask!

- Poomie

digilevi

Post by digilevi »

yeah thanks really....

1 question....

what will be my new password after that because i think that would be a new value in the database right?

digilevi

Post by digilevi »

i think nightrider is watching this topic...

thanks nightrider for educating poomie about handling the passwords... :)

btw, what`s
d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e mean?

Poomerio

Post by Poomerio »

Sorry for not replying.
This takes out your password.
Now go into the EM ACP and set a new password.

- Poomie

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

digilevi wrote: thanks nightrider for educating poomie about handling the passwords... :)

Poomie's been doing an awesome job helping people here. I wish there were more like him willing to lend a hand whenever someone needs assistance. If enough people volunteered to return and offer advice here, no one would ever have to wait long for assistance. Since my health hasn't been so good lately, it is good that people like Poomie are stepping up to the plate. Otherwise, many problems could go unresolved for a long, long time if they have to rely on me to be able to help...
digilevi wrote: btw, what`s
d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e mean?

Passwords are stored encrypted in the database. This is the equivalent of a blank password in EM. So if you use the encrypted password above, you can enter EM without entering anything in the password field during the EM login...

Poomerio

Post by Poomerio »

Well said and explained Nightrider ;) (Both things :D)
You're awesome too =)

- Poomie

Seanie Morris

Post by Seanie Morris »

I know this thread is a couple of months old, but I just wish to express my thanks for the tips. My ACP/EM is now back in business! Thanks Poomerio!

Seanie.