Monopolizing Conversations

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Gideon5L2F

Monopolizing Conversations

Post by Gideon5L2F »

Is there any way of controlling a poster from monopolizing conversations? Automated I mean?

For example a poster that floods a topic with an excessive number of relies?

Thanks

Spectral Dragon

Re: Monopolizing Conversations

Post by Spectral Dragon »

Gideon5L2F wrote: Is there any way of controlling a poster from monopolizing conversations? Automated I mean?

For example a poster that floods a topic with an excessive number of relies?

Thanks

You could set it up so he can't post until a few minutes after posting. (I'm assuming your talking about a large board here.)

Gideon5L2F

Post by Gideon5L2F »

No, Im refering to the sort of member who dominates discusions with 10 times more replies (often trivial) than anyone else. I saw a mod once that limited the number of posts (for an individual member) per day.

Better still would be the ability for a moderator to set on a per topic basis 'x' number of other replyers before a member can reply again. (Exception being the person who made the opening post.)

Heh, maybe Im whistling for the moon. :roll:

Kokuei

Post by Kokuei »

Gideon5L2F wrote: No, Im refering to the sort of member who dominates discusions with 10 times more replies (often trivial) than anyone else. I saw a mod once that limited the number of posts (for an individual member) per day.

Better still would be the ability for a moderator to set on a per topic basis 'x' number of other replyers before a member can reply again. (Exception being the person who made the opening post.)

Heh, maybe Im whistling for the moon. :roll:

Afaik, the only way to acheive a simmilar function with phpBB3 is to set a high flood intervall and allow trusted groups to ignore the flood intervall.

You might also want to check out the Moderation queue feature, you can set it so that topics/posts will not show untill a moderator approves of the topic/post. This will achive the "trivial post removal" as you would like but it's not automated, so it will take a medium to high ammount of work.

Good idea for a MOD though.

Gideon5L2F

Post by Gideon5L2F »

Kokuei wrote: Good idea for a MOD though.

I might wait till Olympus comes out then put it up as a suggestion in the appropriate forum.

Thanks

Gideon5L2F

Post by Gideon5L2F »

Kokuei wrote: You might also want to check out the Moderation queue feature, you can set it so that topics/posts will not show untill a moderator approves of the topic/post. This will achive the "trivial post removal" as you would like but it's not automated, so it will take a medium to high ammount of work.

Can it be arranged so that only certain members are subject to queue moderation - not the entire group or forum? This would save a lot of work for mods because often it is only a minority of members whose posts require scrutiny.

Gid

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

Yes, and it can be set on a per-forum basis as well.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Look for ACP > Permissions (Tab) > Forum based permissions (heading)
  • * Users’ forum permissions
    * Groups’ forum permissions
Have fun. :D

Gideon5L2F

Post by Gideon5L2F »

Thanks you guys. Ive been looking. Awesome; Just what I wanted.

When ... (biting tongue)