phpBB3 Beta 5 Discussion!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Acyd Burn

Re: phpBB3 Beta 5 Discussion!

Post by Acyd Burn »

Because the sql query given to you is not enough - you still have normal permissions until you empty your user_permissions column.

Evilmachine

Post by Evilmachine »

Had the same prob.

The soulution for me was changing user_type to 3 and group_id to 11

Then i had founder status.

Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

dhn wrote:
Miyu wrote: is that suppose to be good or bad? o_O?

Good, it is processing 2000 rows at a time (so the script doesn't time out and there is enough memory available to the script).

So, each new message tells you that another 2000 rows have been converted successfully and we are at a total of so and so rows. The "170 rows/s" (as in 170 rows per second) just tells you how fast the script was to process these 2000 rows.

If someone feels strong enough to make this clearer (as in using a more descriptive text instead of variable display), please add a bug to the tracker. ;)

when there will be displayed a new info screen during conversion? is this time-based or queries-based?

TasDevil

Post by TasDevil »

Acyd Burn wrote: Because the sql query given to you is not enough - you still have normal permissions until you empty your user_permissions column.

Yes, that worked. All ACP stuff is there again. Thank you! :-)

Tas.
Mie Speell Chker w0ks fyne.

tffnguy

Post by tffnguy »

On the forum I'm testing it was converted phpBB2 to phpBB3 I converted from the latest version of 2 to the latest Bets version of 3 (B5). The conversion went great, but now accounts (other than mine) that were able to add signature files and post smiles aren't able to. A test account I setup after the conversion was able to do both. The old accounts could add signatures to the accounts, but they just don't show up in their messages. I've checked to see that the signatures are there and they are. (just don't show up in messages)

Strange part is that I had a couple of private forums setup and the smiles work for those who had access to those forums, but not in the others.

Any ideas on what caused this. I've tried changing user's permissions, but they already said they could use smiles and add signatures.
Plano, Texas

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Evilmachine wrote: Had the same prob.

The soulution for me was changing user_type to 3 and group_id to 11

Then i had founder status.
Group ID 11?!? There is no default group ID 11.

Thanks Acyd Burn :oops: , query updated.

tffnguy, try checking the user permission masks for one of those users. If it's set to either no, then it's not set anywhere for that user. If it's set to never, then something is turning it off.

Evilmachine

Post by Evilmachine »

I dont know what group groupid 11 was, but it worked. After that all Admin Stuff was there.

tffnguy

Post by tffnguy »

Highway of Life wrote: tffnguy, try checking the user permission masks for one of those users. If it's set to either no, then it's not set anywhere for that user. If it's set to never, then something is turning it off.

I had to manually change each user for every forum to get it to work on all forums. There are only about 25 users on that forum so when it comes time to move my real forums up I'd be having to manually change a few thousand. Don't think I want to go through that. I tried to add all users and all forums to change the permissions and each time I tried I got a blank white screen and it froze. Had to use Back to get back to the forums.

I'd also like to say that after doing the conversion on the test forum I had hoped that when a message was posted in the old forum it would show up in the new ones and visa versa. That didn't work so is phpBB3 using different tables for the messages than phpBB2? Seems like that would really bloat the database!
Plano, Texas

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

tffnguy wrote: I'd also like to say that after doing the conversion on the test forum I had hoped that when a message was posted in the old forum it would show up in the new ones and visa versa. That didn't work so is phpBB3 using different tables for the messages than phpBB2? Seems like that would really bloat the database!

Analogy time... if you had a removals firm in to shift the furniture from your old house to new, do you really expect if you ordered some new furniture from a shop, separate items will be delivered to both houses? Some common sense please!

Whilst the documentation (http://phpbb.cvs.sourceforge.net/*check ... _B5#prereq) omits the fact you should disable your phpBB2 forum first, it's a requirement just upgrading phpBB2 anyway... so logically (that common sense thing again) it follows that if you are converting a forum, you'd need to disable the source forum, otherwise you'd be converting a moving target.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

tffnguy

Post by tffnguy »

SHS` wrote: Analogy time... if you had a removals firm in to shift the furniture from your old house to new, do you really expect if you ordered some new furniture from a shop, separate items will be delivered to both houses? Some common sense please!

Whilst the documentation (http://phpbb.cvs.sourceforge.net/*check ... _B5#prereq) omits the fact you should disable your phpBB2 forum first, it's a requirement just upgrading phpBB2 anyway... so logically (that common sense thing again) it follows that if you are converting a forum, you'd need to disable the source forum, otherwise you'd be converting a moving target.

Me Bad! :oops: I assumed that if the forums weren't being used when the upgrade happened or in this case conversion that it would be the same as disabling the forums. I'd never upgrade my real forums without shutting them down first.

But what I was talking about is that when posting in the still active phpBB2 forums the posts don't show up in phpBB3 or visa versa. Should they?
Plano, Texas