what an organized team

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
marosell

what an organized team

Post by marosell »

the bug tracker and the CVS seem to be great tools for a team of coders spread across the globe, but what else do you guys use?

especially because there is so much your doing that we dont see for phpbb3 (website, documentation, support). what is the backend like? do you guys have a thing where you login and have live chat with each other, scheduled meetings, discussing the project and what needs to be done? so much to do, it almost seems like everything is so planned and thought out carefully, like there is a day to day agenda.

how do you guys do it, and what software do you use?

greggish

Re: what an organized team

Post by greggish »

You ever hear the expression "you don't want to see sausage being made"? Regardless of what goes on behind the curtains, I'm sure phpbb3 will taste delicious.
WAL*BORG - Resistance is futile. You WILL shop here.

Ectoman

Post by Ectoman »

They actually all live together.

There are hidden webcams throughout the house.. its like a really crappy version of 'the Real World'.

Acyd Burn hasn't showered in 3 days.

dackofdoom

Post by dackofdoom »

greggish wrote: You ever hear the expression "you don't want to see sausage being made"? Regardless of what goes on behind the curtains, I'm sure phpbb3 will taste delicious.

hahahaha :)

Ectoman-

I thought phpBB.com was starting to smell a little funny...

NeoThermic

Post by NeoThermic »

marosell wrote: [...]it almost seems like everything is so planned and thought out carefully, like there is a day to day agenda.

When you're taking over the world, it helps to have a plan ;)
marosell wrote: how do you guys do it, and what software do you use?

Most of the major coordination is just atomic, i.e. it just happens. Most of the team members are in contact with others via various means, be it IRC or MSN or Skype, but apart from that there's little we do that I think I can talk about. I'll just say that we make use of phpBB frequently :)

NeoThermic
phpBB release date pool!
The NeoThermic.com... a well of information. Ask me for the bit bucket so you can drink its goodness. ||新熱です

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Ectoman wrote: They actually all live together.

There are hidden webcams throughout the house.. its like a really crappy version of 'the Real World'.

Acyd Burn hasn't showered in 3 days.

ah, thats the reason why my internet is slow :mrgreen:

DarsVaeda

Post by DarsVaeda »

i bet they run a secret phpbb v 6.0 board where they plan their next holidays on Hawaii or some.
this is also the place where they toss whether they will throw out the next beta of phpbb 3 or if they will wait another half year or so to *beep* up users and enjoy a lot "when does it come out"-spammers.
no more magic there...
"They say time is the fire in which we burn."

TerraPedia.org

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Yes, that's also why it has taken so long for them to release phpBB3, because so much work has been done on version6.
They've even gone so far as to take PsoFX off of phpBB3 development so that he could dedicate all his time to phpBB6

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

lol, sony did it with PS9 and look how PS3 turned out :lol: