So what kinds of mods have you guys made for Olympus?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
agent00shoe

So what kinds of mods have you guys made for Olympus?

Post by agent00shoe »

I notice a lot of users here already have styles and mods ready for Olympus and was wondering if anyone would like to share what they are working on. I'm not asking for the mods themselves here, only a general discussion for an exchange of ideas.

I just made a mod to sort posts within a forum by their topic as indicated by the topic icon. People just use the topic icons like normal, to place each post in a general category. Then, from the forum view page, clicking on a topic icon will re-display the page showing only posts that have the same icon, ie posts that are all in the same category.

For phpbb2, I made tons of modifications to my forum but never submitted them to the mod db. I'll probably try to make some of my new ones public in the future though. Anyway, I showed mine now show yours. You know you want to show them off :!: :)
topic_icons.gif
(23.7 KiB) Downloaded 1647 times
This is the regular forum view, but clicking on a news flash icon will only show news flashes and so on.
topic_icons2.gif
topic_icons2.gif (10.74 KiB) Viewed 18202 times

dackofdoom

Re: So what kinds of mods have you guys made for Olympus?

Post by dackofdoom »

I haven't made any mods yet, but I just wanted to comment that that's a great idea - well done with your mod :D

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

http://www.phpbbgarage.com/phpBB3/garage.php is my demo of my large MODification.

agent00shoe

Post by agent00shoe »

poyntesm wrote: http://www.phpbbgarage.com/phpBB3/garage.php is my demo of my large MODification.

Wow, very cool. 8)

dhn

Post by dhn »

agent00shoe wrote: I just made a mod to sort posts within a forum by their topic as indicated by the topic icon. People just use the topic icons like normal, to place each post in a general category. Then, from the forum view page, clicking on a topic icon will re-display the page showing only posts that have the same icon, ie posts that are all in the same category.

Someone is a fan of SomethingAwful? ;)

agent00shoe

Post by agent00shoe »

dhn wrote:
agent00shoe wrote: I just made a mod to sort posts within a forum by their topic as indicated by the topic icon. People just use the topic icons like normal, to place each post in a general category. Then, from the forum view page, clicking on a topic icon will re-display the page showing only posts that have the same icon, ie posts that are all in the same category.

Someone is a fan of SomethingAwful? ;)

haha yeah, I like their forum setup. The icons I'm testing with are from fark, copying the functionality of SA and doing it with phpbb. It's going to be a diverse mod. I plan on making our own icons when the forum is ready though.

BondGamer

Post by BondGamer »

I have made 2 MODs thus far, both are relatively simple. One allows you to set a date on each board to prevent topics being modified by unauthorized users. This prevents people from bringing back old topics and creates a sort of archive system. My second MOD lets you set a board to author view only. Normal users only see their own topics in this board, while authorized users can view every topic. This is good for support forums and such. The MOD I am working on now is a tournament ladder one I started less then a year ago. I have finished porting all the code to Olympus and am now working on finishing off the feature implementation.

Creating MODs for Olympus is so much easier then it was for phpBB2 because of the clean and well designed code. The only thing that really needs to be done now is documenting this stuff, which probably won't be until after gold release.

Ectoman

Post by Ectoman »

I have the following written and working with my Olympus installs.. all written by me.

Wiki
Garage
Products (price comparison)
Reviews (for products, and companies)
Galleries
PayPal purchasing (to upgrade accounts)
News Feeds
Map of where users live. (google api)

and Probably a few others I can't remember off hand.

D@ve

Post by D@ve »

I'm working on several mods... The most intersteing one may be a phpbb-based Ajax-Chat.

Regards, Dave
http://www.2sounde.de" target="_blank - das kostenlose online-magazin für musiker

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Completed:
Referral MOD,
Advanced Generated Meta Tags,
Memberlist Avatars,
Lightbox Attachment Images (soon to be BBCode as well)
Random Avatar
101 Bots Add-on Resync

In-progress:
CMS,
Advanced MOD Bug/Feature Tracker
Mac OS X Style
Author Viewable Only
HTML BBCode
RSS Syndication MOD
User Announcements