Beta 2 Site

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
storming

Beta 2 Site

Post by storming »

Ok,

Muppet i am (and a noob i was in August) but i went live with a Beta 2 version and i would like to up grade.....

I have a 10 meg data file and a 60 meg up load file and over 3000 posts so i dont want to loose my forum... Can i run the version 3 to version 4 script? Will it work?

There must be a way around this so i can get on to Beta 4....

Any suggestions?

drf

Re: Beta 2 Site

Post by drf »

You got CVS changelogs, the only way to do that is to create (on your own, obviously) a script to upgrade your version.
Anon wrote: the phpBB team takes no responsibility for any damage, emotional, physical, spiritual or otherwise

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

storming wrote: Any suggestions?

Yes, run as far from here as you can before SHS' reads your message and sends his Bertiezilla-troopers to shoot you down. ;)
As drf said, you are on your own. This was stated all throughout the beta phase exactly in order to avoid this. On your own really means on your own (or you rely on some pious soul to read this message and send you a PM). Good luck.

storming

Post by storming »

like i said - i was a noob and didn't understand anything...... Now i understand a little and wish i didn't know some of the things that i have learnt!!!

Would be willing to pay a little for someone to help me upgrade...

Klors

Post by Klors »

And surely once you've worked out on your own how to transfer across, you'd be better off waiting to do it to RC1 so you'll have a guaranteed proper upgrade path from that point on and never ask these silly questions again?

storming

Post by storming »

That would be a sensible move but they are officially offering support for this now i understand...

Also, it may seem silly to you but it is serious to me!

cutaia

Post by cutaia »

Oh man...this is the funniest thread I've seen yet...

Ectoman

Post by Ectoman »

storming wrote: like i said - i was a noob and didn't understand anything......

You didn't understand what "Don't use in a live environment" meant?
storming wrote: That would be a sensible move but they are officially offering support for this now i understand...

They aren't.

Freelance

Post by Freelance »

storming wrote: like i said - i was a noob and didn't understand anything...... Now i understand a little and wish i didn't know some of the things that i have learnt!!!

Me wondering what part of On your own he didn't understand. I really think every noob understands On your own.
Sh*t Can Happen !!!
[Building a large project based on phpBB3 - Progress 15%]
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII]

cutaia

Post by cutaia »

Eh...he got impatient and decided to try something he probably knew he shouldn't try.

Now he's gotta lay in the bed he made. Simple as that.

Everyone repeat the mantra: No support until RC1. No support until RC1. No support until RC1.