MOD for Mathematics typesetting (Latex)

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
user99

MOD for Mathematics typesetting (Latex)

Post by user99 »

Okay my post was already locked under "beta support"

Though this post should be locked already, but there should a thread to discuss phpBB3 MOD to support LATEX (mathematical typesetting).

So any authors out there interested to discuss and cooperate. Basically I would like to have Latex support from the Day1 of phpBB3 release. Since it is not just a cosmetic MOD, so I am sure there are many takers out there.

Cap'n Refsmmat

Re: MOD for Mathematics typesetting (Latex)

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

It would be easy to add in a custom BBCode to call MiMeTeX to render the LaTeX.

A better way would be to use a PHP class that calls MikTeX (or whatever you have installed) when it receives the image request, outputs an image, and then caches the image for later use. I've used a similar system on a vB forum for a while.

Martin Blank

Re: MOD for Mathematics typesetting (Latex)

Post by Martin Blank »

user99 wrote: Though this post should be locked already, but there should a thread to discuss phpBB3 MOD to support LATEX (mathematical typesetting).

While I'm sure it will be useful, the code is not at the point where the devs want people discussing mods on the official boards. Just be patient, and you'll find your mod open for discussion soon enough.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.