Taking Posts made in PHPBB and putting them outside the foru

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Tienchen

Re: Taking Posts made in PHPBB and putting them outside the foru

Post by Tienchen »

Wait! I think I have found something on this page... Funny, it's about plants and bees. But, wait...
Ah, yes, here it is.
I don't like these cold, precise, perfect people, who, in order not to speak wrong, never speak at all, and in order not to do wrong, never do anything. (Henry Ward Beecher)
Die Stifthelden

turblety

Post by turblety »

Replace

Code: Select all

echo $row['post_text'];
with

echo $bbcode->bbcode_second_pass($row['post_text'], $row['bbcode_uid'], $row['bbcode_bitfield']);
That should work. I havn't tried it and only briefly edited it so if it doesn't work, post the error you get and I'll see if I can help.

Mark

TanisLinkEragon

Post by TanisLinkEragon »

turblety wrote: Replace

echo $row['post_text'];
with

echo $bbcode->bbcode_second_pass($row['post_text'], $row['bbcode_uid'], $row['bbcode_bitfield']);
That should work. I havn't tried it and only briefly edited it so if it doesn't work, post the error you get and I'll see if I can help.

Mark

Thanks!!

(Even if that doesn't work, I found a longer, slightly more complex way to do it)

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

TanisLinkEragon wrote:
turblety wrote: Replace

echo $row['post_text'];
with

Mark

Thanks!!

(Even if that doesn't work, I found a longer, slightly more complex way to do it)

Yes, and I found a shorter, slightly simpler way to do it... j/k

Actually it's interesting to note how many different ways a simple piece of code can be programmed, depending on the hands that mold it.
Each programmer seems to have their own unique style... I have yet to find two exactly alike.
Just look at the difference between PsotFX and Meik to see what I mean.

BTW, we finished the little function to pull posts onto an outside page, though it does require a template file, this was the easiest implementation and still retain all the BBCode formatting. (including smileys)

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

That actually looks like a phpBB2 way of parsing the bbcode... it's parsed a bit differently in phpBB3.
I put a lot of work into figuring out how to parse bbcode, so I wrote a tutorial on it so nobody would have to go through all that.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply