Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Ectoman

Re: Bug is less,

Post by Ectoman »

dhn will be working on his bugs sometime in the next week. He has been busy with other things.. but will be doing them soon.

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Tienchen wrote: You should be banned because of your nickname in combination with your signature. :roll:
Do it better, give up most of your private life because of an open source project, hearing every day: "Why don't you..." "Do better..." "You can't do..." Perhaps dhn has no time right now?
8O
I'm sorry, this post was rude and offensive... it's not our place, as members to say another member should be banned. If you really felt this way, you would have made a report privately to a MOD, not make a public statement about another member, this is flaming behavior, and unwarranted, I might add... we are not moderators, and should not act like back-seat moderators.

There is nothing wrong with Prince's username or sig, and I respectfully believe you owe him an apology.

bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

ok back on topic now well i see more bugs now like 31 Reports so its not bug is less no more :( but oh well the good thing is we are finding all the bugs so when the next beta or rc is out there wil not be a lot of bug or no bugs.

Highway of Life

I'm just glad to see they got a break...

There were not actually more bugs posted then usual, but less fixed in the same amount of time, so it "appeared" bloated.

But glad they are back at it now! :D

bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

Highway of Life wrote: I'm just glad to see they got a break...

There were not actually more bugs posted then usual, but less fixed in the same amount of time, so it "appeared" bloated.

But glad they are back at it now!
I'm just glad to see they got a break...

But glad they are back at it now! :D

well thats true all people need a break.

Tienchen

Post by Tienchen »

Sorry for being that offensive, Prince of area51. I think I was a bit upset and rash about other things in real life while reading this and posting- sorry. :)
I do apologize for being that harsh. :oops:
I don't like these cold, precise, perfect people, who, in order not to speak wrong, never speak at all, and in order not to do wrong, never do anything. (Henry Ward Beecher)
Die Stifthelden

Prince of area51

Post by Prince of area51 »

It's ok .. dun worry .. :mrgreen:

@Highway of Life .. Thanks mate :)

Highway of Life

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming, already in progress...

bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

Highway of Life wrote: Image

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming, already in progress...

well its Jan 02, 2007 11:36 am in Australia
ok back the the topic wow more bugs but there getting fixed :)

dhn

Post by dhn »

Don't worry, I will work down my list ASAP. There are multiple phpBB-related projects that I am currently working on - including the new style, the new website, and documentation.

You have to realise that just finishing phpBB3 is not enough. We need to provide a new website. The old website evolved over multiple years, adding up a lot of features (catdb, kb, trackers, mod tools, styles demo and so forth), and those are currently rewritten and / or updated to the phpBB3.0 codebase. We also need documentation (not only for phpBB3 itself but for modding and styling too). There is also a lot of work going on the not-yet-public phpBB3 parts (new style and converter).

You are only seeing a small part of what is currently going on. Without having exact statistics at hand I would say that the behind the scenes projects currently total 60%-70% of time of all phpBB development combined. So if you a developer does not appear to work for a while, that is actually not always the case. naderman just spent a few days on some applications of the new website for instance.

At the moment we are less concerned about phpBB3 not being finished soon enough, but about all the related projects not ready when Olympus goes final. ;)