Beta style vs Release style?

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
Kokuei

Beta style vs Release style?

Post by Kokuei »

As far as i can tell, there will be a new cool style released with phpBB3 at RC1 (or was it gold). This style is meant to be the default style i guess. But will the subSilver beta style be included in the package? Im kinda fond of this "classic phpBB" theme. :mrgreen:

Lastof

Re: Beta style vs Release style?

Post by Lastof »

It'll be at gold, and yes, subsilver2 will be be included as an option as well.

However, whether we'll want to use it is another story. The few team members that have seen the super secret one are hyping it so much it sounds like it will be very impressive.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Tienchen

Post by Tienchen »

I hope they have included all the bug eleminations to the new style because the Beta style has been changed so often (look in the CVS stats... I think one third of all changes were made to the current style, that won't be the phpBB3 style. :? )
I don't like these cold, precise, perfect people, who, in order not to speak wrong, never speak at all, and in order not to do wrong, never do anything. (Henry Ward Beecher)
Die Stifthelden

Uchiha Nick

Post by Uchiha Nick »

mayhaps it will just be this style.. with modifications so it's totally gold :D :P

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

Uchiha Nick wrote: mayhaps it will just be this style.. with modifications so it's totally gold :D :P

From what they've said, I doubt it.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Prince of area51

Post by Prince of area51 »

Tienchen wrote: I hope they have included all the bug eleminations to the new style because the Beta style has been changed so often (look in the CVS stats... I think one third of all changes were made to the current style, that won't be the phpBB3 style. :? )

Well I'm under the impression that Devs can actually use the New Theme and hence, checkout the bugs/fixes etc. ;)

Wert

Post by Wert »

Uchiha Nick wrote: mayhaps it will just be this style.. with modifications so it's totally gold :D :P
No, it won't.
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.

Kokuei

Post by Kokuei »

Aaahhgggg... how horrible! 8O

bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

i hope it more like glossy you know well we wil find out when golds out :)

Uchiha Nick

Post by Uchiha Nick »

most will probably create their own style anyway, to match it to their site