Can someone help me?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
rakansen

Can someone help me?

Post by rakansen »

I am trying to upgrade my phpbb 2.0.21 forum to the new phpbb 3.0.b4 and im kinda lost on what to do. Could someone steer me in the right direction or help me in doing this? Thanks in advanced

poyntesm

Re: Can someone help me?

Post by poyntesm »

Currently there is no upgrade from the phpBB.com group to do this (2.x -> 3.x). So you will have to wait or do some searching for un-offical, unsupported by phpBB.com one.

The offical scripts is expected to start testing at RC1

rakansen

Post by rakansen »

Where can i find some of the un-official scripts? Are they on these forums or do i have to google them? again, thanks in advanced

ChALkeR

Post by ChALkeR »

phpBB3 b4 is stable (exept for some non-critical bugs), but if you have problems with upgrading from 2.0.21 there might be bigger problems with upgrading phpBB3 b4 to b5, (if there will be b5). Just because noone guarantees you that there will be an automatic b4>b5 upgrade. Tables in the database could be changed. Who knows...
Sorry for my bad English....

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

rakansen wrote: Where can i find some of the un-official scripts? Are they on these forums or do i have to google them? again, thanks in advanced
You don't have to look very far to find them.
But...
Unless you have at least "fair" experience with PHP and MySQL, I don't recommend using the un-official script(s).

And of course, the inevitable disclaimer: Use at Your Own Risk.
phpBB and area51 DO NOT support un-official upgrade scripts or ANY Modifications at this time.
You have a VERY real possibility of losing ALL of your posts and users if you upgrade too early -- i.e. To Beta Stage and / or with an Un-Official Upgrade Script.