I have created and perfected a better fork

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
funtlack
I've been banned

I have created and perfected a better fork

Post by funtlack »

hello and salutations

I deserve many congratulations. I have taken the code from Phpp3Olympus and made a fork which is better by far than the original and is also not stuck in beta limbo. It is already in ReleaseCantidate4 and will soon be unleashed on the forum world of the internet. It is destined to put phpbb out of business. Phpbb will be forgotten and replaced by my work of php art. I have of course retained all credit to the developers of phpbb in my code, but I am sorry and mine is superior. I have debugged the bugs of Beta 4 and created a beta 6 (RC4). It will soon be revealed since I have bought the domain name and am just waiting for it to become active. You will all be duly impressed by my interpretation of php forum software.

I call it PhpBestBoard and it will duly replace phpbb. I am sorry to the developers of their fine job but it has been in beta far too long. Mine is out and as soon as my domain is active you will be able to download it. Just letting all the loyals know.

A fork in the road is some times the path best take.
~Funtlack, 2006.

DarsVaeda

Re: I have created and perfected a better fork

Post by DarsVaeda »

you are the hero of all worlds!

let me guess the package includes nice dialers and viruses, or?
"They say time is the fire in which we burn."

TerraPedia.org

espenhh

Post by espenhh »

Oh, this is so funny :lol: I remember a guy a year ago who claimed exactly the same, but it didn't happen...

Success can't be counted in number of bugs - you need a userbase too... Do you think everyone just will jump over to your fork? :roll:

Anyway, I think you just are a regular troll, who don't even have a fork - you are just pretending to have it 8) (ups, then it means I am feeding the troll. :? )
Espen

(Huge thanks to the phpBB-developers!!!)

Need Norwegian support????

funtlack
I've been banned

Post by funtlack »

Why are you like this my friend?

It has no virii or diallers. It is exect same as phpbbs, only fixed and ready. It is PhpBestBoard and the name says it all.

Thank you. Three cheers.

DarsVaeda

Post by DarsVaeda »

yay always remember that one thing:

there is no f...spoon!

:mrgreen:
"They say time is the fire in which we burn."

TerraPedia.org

funtlack
I've been banned

Post by funtlack »

I don't understand.

All I can say is that if you want better than phpbb, better than vbulliten, better than invision, better than smf, better than joomla, better than phpnuke, better than phorum, better than integramod, better than phpbbplus, better than phpbbfm, than PhpBestBoard (mine) is the only truly choice in the matter of fact.

Thank you. Hip Hip hooray.

funtlack
I've been banned

Post by funtlack »

And "espenhh" the situation you speak of is "phopbamb". "phopbamb" was a falsehood perpetrated by the unloyal "fronservo". I am not "phopbamb" I am PhpBestBoard and I am a reality of the internet expertise officials.

Anon

Post by Anon »

We've all heard those that have "made a better phpbb fork". But then we hear nothing of it afterwards. Next please :mrgreen:

oh btw, locked before this degenerates anymore

Code: Select all

:D|-<
:D/-<
:D\-<

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal »

I've lost count on the number of people that have said they were going to create a fork of phpBB, but fell flat on their face because they didn't realize just how much work was involved. You are of course welcome to fork phpBB, but I'm guessing a) this is made up or b) it'll fail shortly after it is released. Why? Because bug fixes, security updates, feature changes, etc. Best of luck to you though.