Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Wert

Post by Wert »

FTP updater worked great for me.
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.

DanoruX

Re: Bug is less,

Post by DanoruX »

I guess it's time to start hyping beta 5 / rc1.

I predict it'll come in 2-3 weeks.

knickers

Post by knickers »

Time will tell if there's going to be a Beta 5 ...

This Beta 4 was a surprise to most (but if you watched the Bug Tracker trends, you would have seen it coming seeing that most of the bugs have been fixed up in the CVS in one or two days).

Hopefully there's not too many more major issues yet to be discovered, and if they are discovered, lets be happy that they were discovered! :)

Party!

BondGamer

Post by BondGamer »

It wasn't that much of a surprise, the bug quene is almost empty and virtually every feature is complete. Increasing the beta number is also a good way to test the auto-update system.

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

It was virtually bug free there for a moment. :D

MKruer

Post by MKruer »

Highway of Life wrote: It was virtually bug free there for a moment. :D

Na people are just getting anxious so instead of reporting all the bug they find they simply stopped reporting them all together hoping that they would fool the developers into thinking that they fixed all the bugs and as such would release RC1 next. :mrgreen:

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

EXreaction wrote:
Kevin Clark wrote: Easy to set up, walks you though in logical steps and even gets the new files for you..

Gets the new files for you?

That doesn't sound safe for my board(modded a bit). 8O

We shall see. :D

Especially then you should test the updater. Modded files are recognized and the changes being merged together.

edit: generally every installation is having a different set of "new" files to upload then, only created for the fileset being determined.

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Ectoman wrote:
Ectoman wrote: Beta 4 this weekend?

:lol:

I was a day early.

Or were they a day late? It's a matter of points of view... ;)

Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

Acyd Burn wrote:
EXreaction wrote:
Kevin Clark wrote: Easy to set up, walks you though in logical steps and even gets the new files for you..

Gets the new files for you?

That doesn't sound safe for my board(modded a bit). 8O

We shall see. :D

Especially then you should test the updater. Modded files are recognized and the changes being merged together.

edit: generally every installation is having a different set of "new" files to upload then, only created for the fileset being determined.

does this mean, that even heavy modded boards will be updated AUTOMATICALLY, if the original code ist still in the file? (if I comment a codeline and not delete or replace it while modding)
... or did I get something wrong here?

profpete

Post by profpete »

From what I have seen, it should work just as well as running the .patch files from the 2.x series.

I.e. it helps if you keep everything in, but comment it out ABOVE AND BELOW with /* */, e.g.

/*
$this->is('the line I didn\'t want');
*/

Rather than
// $this->is('the line I didn\'t want');

But even then, just like the .patch files, there comes a time when there are so many changes it won't be able to trace where stuff is, and will die :mrgreen:

Though feel free to prove me wrong 8)