PhpBB 3 portals

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Re: PhpBB 3 portals

Post by Highway of Life »

Are you talking about Michaelo?
He's the only one from IntegraMOD that I know is doing a portal for Olympus.

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Highway of Life,

Off topic : I wonder if there is a connection between my question in : http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 12#2596412 and the above bug report from you.

Michaelo

Post by Michaelo »

Hi crxgames... is that you ;)
To my knowledge no one has ported IM but several have tried... I thing Wekke tried but am not sure...
I originally thought I would port it but after examining the code I decided to start from scratch...
Mike
Mods: Forum Icons Enhancement, Kiss Portal Engine
Links:
Kiss Portal Engine (dev site) Stargate Portal (archive site) ...
Styles: Technika

crxgames

Post by crxgames »

Michaelo wrote: Hi crxgames... is that you ;)
To my knowledge no one has ported IM but several have tried... I thing Wekke tried but am not sure...
I originally thought I would port it but after examining the code I decided to start from scratch...
Mike

Haha yeah it's me. :) I'll have to take a look at what you've done so far. I've had the urge to get back into the open source world. Currently I'm ony trying fixing the NetBSD port to bebox here and there when I have time.

Michaelo

Post by Michaelo »

You are always coding one thing or another... :) You should drop by kismod.com (integramod2) we would love to see you there... Mike
Mods: Forum Icons Enhancement, Kiss Portal Engine
Links:
Kiss Portal Engine (dev site) Stargate Portal (archive site) ...
Styles: Technika

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Okay, I've unsubscribed, and re-subscribed to this topic, so I need someone to go ahead and post after me.

Belak

Post by Belak »

Highway of Life wrote: Okay, I've unsubscribed, and re-subscribed to this topic, so I need someone to go ahead and post after me.

no problemo 8)

I'm currently working on a Portal, too. I easily integrated a news-system and more features will be available soon. But I guess it will not be release, it's probably for private use only as there are already so many Portal-MODs in developement...

cwbullet

Post by cwbullet »

I have reviewed the portals and they look very nice. I am thinking of coding one myself. I want to make or modify on to look different. I am not sure, but i want something that looks a little less cluttered. All the portal designs out there look very nukish as "NUKE". As a web user, I hate top have to sort through a page hunting through a confusing design for the information I want.

Any body have any suggestions or example that might light a creative fire?

Chuck

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

cwbullet wrote: I have reviewed the portals and they look very nice. I am thinking of coding one myself. I want to make or modify on to look different. I am not sure, but i want something that looks a little less cluttered. All the portal designs out there look very nukish as "NUKE". As a web user, I hate top have to sort through a page hunting through a confusing design for the information I want.

Any body have any suggestions or example that might light a creative fire?

Chuck

Mine is about as uncluttered as one gets(basically the index.php from phpBB3, but instead of the forums it has a news display). :)
(link in my sig)

cwbullet

Post by cwbullet »

That is nice. I have seen it before and it is one of the better designs our there. I like the uncluttered look.