I can't stop laughing

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
drf

I can't stop laughing

Post by drf »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: after 2-3 months messing up with phpBB3 and this forum, half of the post i found were "When is going to be next version?" "I'm sure beta3 is coming in 2 days" "It won't be Beta3, but RC1".
Today, updating CVS, I found:
3.0.B4-dev
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Too much funny.
Let the developers take their time, if they think there has to be 7 betas, we will wait 7 betas.
That's it.
Cheers
Anon wrote: the phpBB team takes no responsibility for any damage, emotional, physical, spiritual or otherwise

DanoruX

Re: I can't stop laughing

Post by DanoruX »

There might not be a beta4 ;)
acydburn wrote: After tagging we increase the version number to b4-dev to be able to properly go to b4 or rc1.
* install/schemas/schema_data.sql 1.192 (changed +2 -2, diff)

drf

Post by drf »

Time will tell, in the meanwhile, we can use the time we waste posting our thoughts about the next release in testing and posting to the tracker.
Anon wrote: the phpBB team takes no responsibility for any damage, emotional, physical, spiritual or otherwise

DanoruX

Post by DanoruX »

drf wrote: Time will tell, in the meanwhile, we can use the time we waste posting our thoughts about the next release in testing and posting to the tracker.
omg I really hope RC1 is out by the end of the year!

Spiros-

Post by Spiros- »

The sooner (if any) bugs are found and corrected the sooner we will have the beta4 or RC1 out. What you, me and everybody can and should do is, download the beta 3 or CVS and test it thoroughly.

drf

Post by drf »

Spiros- wrote: What you, me and everybody can and should do is, download the beta 3 or CVS and test it thoroughly.

You got the point

knickers

Post by knickers »

If you assume, you make an ass out of you and me.

phoenix-cms

Post by phoenix-cms »

cvs says
After tagging we increase the version number to b4-dev to be able to properly go to b4 or rc1

so it might be rc

lets see how dev team decide maybe they will run a private beta among a few testers :lol:
working on a cms to be intergrated with phpbb 3 without any major code changing to keep with phpbb 3 guidelines

drf

Post by drf »

knickers wrote: If you assume, you make an ass out of you and me.

lol.

textilebbs

Post by textilebbs »

drf wrote: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: after 2-3 months messing up with phpBB3 and this forum, half of the post i found were "When is going to be next version?" "I'm sure beta3 is coming in 2 days" "It won't be Beta3, but RC1".
Today, updating CVS, I found:
3.0.B4-dev
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Too much funny.
Let the developers take their time, if they think there has to be 7 betas, we will wait 7 betas.
That's it.
Cheers

bad guys