Captchas and Human Readability - Discussion

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
EXreaction

Re: Captchas and Human Readability - Discussion

Post by EXreaction »

Not bad...even looks like it would work for semi-color blind people(not sure how well it would work for sure though)
http://www.etre.com/tools/colourblindsimulator/

It is a little hard to read though. :P

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Did I kill another thread? :P

I am just about finished with my Captcha for my Anti-Spam ACP mod...personally I think it would work great against spam bots, and best of all it is usually very easy to read. ;)

NeoThermic

Post by NeoThermic »

EXreaction wrote: it is usually very easy to read. ;)

That appears to be your undoing, as it wouldn't take too long to get some code to locate those letters, and pass the letter locations to an OCR (they are better these days than you think). You should add some form of distortion or noise, else it'll be trivial to break them.

NeoThermic
phpBB release date pool!
The NeoThermic.com... a well of information. Ask me for the bit bucket so you can drink its goodness. ||新熱です

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

NeoThermic wrote:
EXreaction wrote: it is usually very easy to read. ;)

That appears to be your undoing, as it wouldn't take too long to get some code to locate those letters, and pass the letter locations to an OCR (they are better these days than you think). You should add some form of distortion or noise, else it'll be trivial to break them.

NeoThermic

It may be. :P

I can always add more fonts(just have to drop them in the fonts/ folder. :mrgreen:
(well, to tell you the truth, I don't know how to add distortion or noise, this was a captcha mod for phpBB2 that I changed around to fit my needs, and I never did any GD work. :()

If you know of a good tutorial(online) on doing that kind of stuff that would be awesome. 8)

funtlack
I've been banned

Re: Captchas and Human Readability

Post by funtlack »

In My Internet Official Group Test forum of Phpbb3.0OlympusBeta4 CVS I have received of many complaints from my official UserGroup of the unreadability of many if not the majority of Capture images.

This should be addressed as it gives severe affection to my new UserGroup patrons.

Three cheers, Jurgen Sapperstein ~ a.k.a. Funtlack

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal »

funtlack wrote: In My Internet Official Group Test forum of Phpbb3.0OlympusBeta4 CVS I have received of many complaints from my official UserGroup of the unreadability of many if not the majority of Capture images.

This should be addressed as it gives severe affection to my new UserGroup patrons.

Three cheers, Jurgen Sapperstein ~ a.k.a. Funtlack

Funny, I thought Al Gore created the internet.

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Techie-Micheal wrote: Funny, I thought Al Gore created the internet.

No, it was Berlusconi, on the 7th day.

funtlack
I've been banned

Post by funtlack »

My other Official Posting apears to have been victimised by deletion.

On my Official CVS Test Board, my UserGroups complain of this over-complicated and under-neccesary registration process known as Captcha. Surely there is a more simplistic and user-pleasuring alternation.

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

funtlack wrote: Surely there is a more simplistic and user-pleasuring alternation.

Yes, it is "print the agreement, sign it and fax it along with your ID card to the admin".

funtlack
I've been banned

Post by funtlack »

Okay thank you I will institute this of my UserGroup.