A hint to show the closeness of releasing phpBB3!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
yexusbeliever

A hint to show the closeness of releasing phpBB3!

Post by yexusbeliever »

While I was being really intrigue with IPB developers releasing their version 2.2 RC1, I am reminded of our Olympus. Though this is not a race to who gets the better BBS out, I feel almost like running on one.

Any how, my real question is that in the Mod Release Forum at phpBB.com, the lastest updated mod does not even have [2.0.21] next to it like most mods. Are the phpBB staff teams going to plan to stop phpBB2 at v.2.0.21?

I am thinking of this because if there is no plan for a new release update, then those mods are the final mods for phpBB2, correct?

The [no version] next to the mod is a hint that it is plan to be stopped at phpbb 2.0.21; so Olympus can be the next center of focus! So my guess is that the developers are planning on releasing Olympus soon enough.
hmm....

bad-dj

Re: A hint to show the closeness of releasing phpBB3!

Post by bad-dj »

ok hows this to do with A hint to show the closeness of releasing phpBB3 ????

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

They've said many times that phpbb2 will continue to be supported for some time yet. There are simply too many forums out there running it to just finish there. 2.0.22 will come out as and when it's needed. Updates tend to come with security fixes so if an exploit is found in .21 then a fix will be made and .22 will be released.

Checking which version a MOD runs on is entirely up to the MOD writer.

MarkTheDaemon

Post by MarkTheDaemon »

yexusbeliever wrote: The [no version] next to the mod is a hint that it is plan to be stopped at phpbb 2.0.21; so Olympus can be the next center of focus! So my guess is that the developers are planning on releasing Olympus soon enough.

Not really ;). As per http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 64#2442264" target="_blank
wGEric wrote: It was removed because people thought that version was what version of phpBB the MOD was for when in fact it is what version it was tested on.

Mark
Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience :P

Redscape

Post by Redscape »

Yeah, i can't seem them abandoning updates on 2.x for awhile. So many people have heavily-modded forums and won't (like me) be ready to upgrade to Olympus until the MODs are updated to become compatible.
Deluxe Diplomacy Online
http://www.redscape.com

Jman

Post by Jman »

Oh my gosh! Olympus is almost out! Now to start speculation on phpBB4!

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

Jman wrote: Oh my gosh! Olympus is almost out! Now to start speculation on phpBB4!

3.2, not four ;)