After Olympus...

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Spiros-

After Olympus...

Post by Spiros- »

:D

What about PHPBB4? Yes, I know it's too early. My main concept is, will it be released someday, or the dev team will stick with PHPBB3? The reason I ask is simple, I have seen many open-source scripts/programs being dropped after 2 or 3 versions. Will the same happen with PHPBB or not?

RyosukeZ

Re: After Olympus...

Post by RyosukeZ »

I don't think so, many people supporting phpbb, most forum and communitys and hosting uses phpBB, well, i don't think they want to let phpbb down..
Bored? Come and have fun at my forum!!
Lets rock the hse!!

cbrain

Post by cbrain »

I sortof have this feeling that phpBB4 will also be a web site tool aswell as a forum....... :?

agent00shoe

Post by agent00shoe »

I have this feeling that phpBB9 will do my laundry.

Spiros-

Post by Spiros- »

cbrain wrote: I sortof have this feeling that phpBB4 will also be a web site tool aswell as a forum....... :?

Something like "Seditio" you mean? (it's a BB as well as a CMS, altogether in one package).

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

cbrain wrote: I sortof have this feeling that phpBB4 will also be a web site tool aswell as a forum....... :?
Not according to the development team.

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

the_dan wrote:
Not according to the development team.

Sure what do they know :lol:

beeurd

Post by beeurd »

lol, I wouldn't wait around for phpBB4. No offence intended, as phpBB is a very awesome bit of software, but you'd be looking at about 2012 for phpBB4. :P

I doubt they would stop developing phpBB further though. I've been a user pf phpBB since version 1.4.2 and have found the dev team to be quite dedicated to it. :)