How do I edit SQL tables?

Discussion on a SQL Parser for EasyMOD
ham1299

Re: How do I edit SQL tables?

Post by ham1299 »

OK. I have installed like 10 or so Mods since this vote one. (I"m starting to wonder if one of the others, although unrelated, somehow messed it up ...)

How do I use EM to restore the backups?

I'll send the files via PM in a moment.
Heather

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

I don't see anything wrong in those 3 files. So the only thing left to check is the following:

Code: Select all

## - posting.php
## - viewtopic.php
## - includes/functions_post.php,
## - language/lang_english/lang_main.php, 
Has anyone else in the MOD topic complained about this? The MOD may not even work as advertised for all we know. Where did you find the MOD???

I'm leaving for the evening in a bit, so we will have to pick up on this again tomorrow...

Restoring EM Backups

If a MOD that you installed with EM hosed your board or you decide that you just don't want it, simply go into EM History in your ACP MOD Center and click on the Details button next to the MOD entry..

On the bottom of the next page, select Restore Backups and press the Go button. Make sure you DON'T select the Remove Record option or you will be forced to manually rolll back the EM backups that were created for you. I will have to walk you through that if need be...

Next you will see a page to confirm eht operation. You would choose Yes:

MODs can only be uninstalled in reverse order that they were installed: FILO (First In, Last Out). So if you installed a MOD, then several others, then decided to remove the first one, you would have to Restore the backups of the other MODs before you could Restore the backups on the first MOD...

Restoring EM Backups (Manual Instructions)

Download the backups folder that EM created for you in the MOD sub-folder found in admin/mods. Strip the .txt extension from each file in every folder in the backups folder. So the resulting file extensions will be php, tpl, css, and cfg. Upload the files back to their proper locations on your board; i.e.
  • copy backups/admin/*.* to phpBB/admin/*.*
  • copy backups/includes/*.* to phpBB/includes/*.*
  • copy backups/language/lang_english/*.* to phpBB/language/lang_english/*.*
  • copy backups/templates/subSilver/*.* to phpBB/templates/subSilver/*.*
  • copy backups/*.* to phpBB/*.*
Of course if you have alternate templates and language folders, you will need to copy the files for them as well. I'm referring to phpBB as your forum's root folder in the above copy commands. If your root folder has any other name, just substitute phpBB with the name of your forum's root folder name...

ham1299

Post by ham1299 »

OK. I'm going to try the backup thing. Wish me luck.
Heather

ham1299

Post by ham1299 »

OK. I got back to the one in question, and it doesn't have the restore backups option available! :?
Heather

ham1299

Post by ham1299 »

I know you said you were leaving for the evening. I went ahead and PM'd the files to you. I will be at work all day tomorrow, but in the evening I can check in. Again, thanks for all of your help.
Heather

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Ok, I found a problem with missing MOD code in your lang_main.php file. You can download the attachment that I provided through PM, strip the txt extension, then upload it back to your lang_english folder, overwriting the other file. Make sure to create a backup of the current lang_main.php file before you overwrite it, just in case...

ham1299

Post by ham1299 »

OK. I'll give that a try. Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.
Heather

ham1299

Post by ham1299 »

Nope. That didn't work. I sent you a PM.
Heather

ham1299

Post by ham1299 »

OK. I'm guessing I've come to a place where you can't figure it out, either. Is there a way I can start over without losing everything - meaning my users, their siggies, etc.? I don't care if I lose all of my MODs, as I can reinstall them. But, will I lose my other stuff? Is it even possible in the first place?
Heather

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

There has to be a logical answer to your problem, but at the moment, I'm at a loss as what to suggest...

You can reinstall your board without losing your data in your database...

phpBB Starting Over - Retaining Database Data

Ok, it isn't a problem starting over with your phpBB code and retaining the data in your database. This is what you would do...

Replicating phpBB Install

What I do when I want to reload all the files on a server is this:
  1. Create a backup of your current config.php file
  2. If you are upgrading to a newer phpBB version, run the update_to_latest.php file in your browser from your phpBB root folder
  3. upload all new phpBB files,
  4. overwrite config.php with your backup
  5. delete contrib and install folder
  6. upload all new unmodified templates and images
  7. install EM
  8. reinstall all MODs using EM
It's fast and easy and you retain all of your data in your database...