What happens with the html in phpBB?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Eelke

Re: What happens with the html in phpBB?

Post by Eelke »

NNO-Stephen wrote: I mean like pulling it for say... http://www.gamechew.com/news.php" target="_blank that. that's actually pulling from the forums.

and not calling the BBCode parser, well, it's just much easier to not call it.

Ah, OK. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm actually pulling content from my board for another part of the site as well. I'm using a tweaked phpbb_fetch_all for it, and it really was rather straightforward. If that's the only advantage you can come up with, you'll have to do better than that to convince me ;)

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

well I don't give a damn if I convince you. I have more important things to worry about than wether or not I can convince some shmuck that HTML support can be useful.

Mephistox

Post by Mephistox »

NNO-Stephen wrote: well I don't give a damn if I convince you. I have more important things to worry about than wether or not I can convince some shmuck that HTML support can be useful.

well that was rather offense.

He's just conversing with you - no need to start name-calling.

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

it's only offensive if you have nothing better to do th an cry about a comment that wan't meant offensively, towards someone else.

:?

bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

well you can not set up your own bbcode so set up a bbcode to do what html can do well i think you can do that i hope so.

cotp

Post by cotp »

VinDuv wrote:
Wert wrote: I'm sorry. But when I said "embedded" I mean "visible on the page", not just a link using the built in flash bbcode. Any way to do this?

With the flash BBCode, users have choice to show (or not) Flash animations in the posts. Have a look to your UCP.

Intersting. In phpBB2 I have a lot of embedded movies (Google Video, Youtube, Avi, Wmv, Quicktime), I used a MOD with HTML bbcodes. To transform in Flash bbcode I would have to edit them manually. I'm not afraid if that is necessary. But I just liked to know 3 things:

1) How would I put for my members Flash display by default to "On"
2) Could I convert my html bbcode so that at least it would work before I edit all my posts ?
3) I tried it on Firefox 2.0 works fine but on IE7 even though I have a display flash to "on", IE7 still don't want to display it and leaves it as a link... :(

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Cotp

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Wow... old topic.

Well, unfortunately, there is no "default" option that you can turn on or off in the ACP for your users... about the only way to do it would be to run a quick Query that would turn everyone's Flash to ON.

You can also set the default options to have flash set to "ON" as well (in phpMyAdmin)

2: Probably, depending on what format you have...
All you need is to convert it to: [flash=<width>,<height>]<url path>[/flash] format.

3: Perhaps you were not logged in (viewing as a guest), or logged in as a User which did not have Flash preferences turned on. It should work in all browsers that support Flash (IE and FF certainly do)

cotp

Post by cotp »

Highway of Life wrote: Wow... old topic.

Well, unfortunately, there is no "default" option that you can turn on or off in the ACP for your users... about the only way to do it would be to run a quick Query that would turn everyone's Flash to ON.

You can also set the default options to have flash set to "ON" as well (in phpMyAdmin)

2: Probably, depending on what format you have...
All you need is to convert it to: [flash=<width>,<height>]<url path>[/flash] format.

3: Perhaps you were not logged in (viewing as a guest), or logged in as a User which did not have Flash preferences turned on. It should work in all browsers that support Flash (IE and FF certainly do)

Thanks Highway of Life, you defintely are taking good care of me ;)

1) Yep I'll probably use phpmyadmin to do that then ;) that means flash will be on for guests too ?
2) Yes that is what I had in mind, I made it work already
3) You are right I was not logged in on IE :oops:
4) About the html bbcode (which authorize the use of html), do you have any idea how I could implement it (that means that I wouldn't have to manually edit ALL the posts of the forum, meanwhile I start using the new technique)...

Thanks again ;)

Cotp

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

You are welcome. :)

I don't think you should have to edit all the posts... but I don't know what format it's in... you should just be able to create a quick script that will convert the format from the HTML BBCode (html bbcode?!? I don't believe I've seen that) to the new [ flash ] BBCode format.

You can also create a custom BBCode that might match your current format to make it even more painless.

cotp

Post by cotp »

Highway of Life wrote: You are welcome. :)

HTML BBCode (html bbcode?!? I don't believe I've seen that)

Here is the link if you're curious to see where it comes from or what it is ;)

:arrow: HTML BBCODE

Cotp