I noticed that the attachment extension list is a little bare to say the least, as when phpBB3.x goes final adding in things like extra file formats to this list wont really be possible.. I was wondering if people could make a list of Attachment Groups and Extensions in each group so we can kind of get a consensus on what formats are most useful for everyone to use.. (I mean, wouldnt it be annoying if you are using a board that you are not an admin of, you are a fairly new user, and the file you wish to upload doesnt work because of a change that could have been implemented by default )
Extended List Of Extensions...
Black - The current extensions included by default.
Red - Extensions I feel are worthy of entering the list..
Blue - Means I am unsure of the popularity of this extension, whether or not it will be used by enough users..
Green - Unsure of security status..
Orange - Definate No.. Based on any number of factors..
Purple - Not viable in terms of the Internet
- BLEND - Too topic specific
- GBH - Too topic specific
- GIH - Too topic specific
- PAT - Too topic specific
- PSD - Too topic specific
- XCF - Too topic specific
- ARJ - Not sure if this has enough usage, I understand it is supported by WinZip and WinRaR, but besides that I had never even used or heard of it before..
- BH - Too specific, should be a candidate for admin addition..
- CAB - Too specific, should be a candidate for admin addition..
- DEB - To topic specific, only would affect Linux related forums
- EXE - Security Issues
- HA - Too specific, should be a candidate for admin addition..
- JAR - I am guess this would have security implications as the .jar format can be used as an installer I believe..
- LHA - Too specific, should be a candidate for admin addition..
- MSI - Security Issues
- RPM - To topic specific, only would affect Linux related forums
- BAT - Security Issues
- HTML - Security Issues
- MOD - I know that this format is used for phpBB Modifications system, but is also a media format I believe, I do not think its suitable for inclusion into the list as its too specific.
- PL - Security Issues
- PHP - Security Issues
- PY - Security Issues
- SQL - Not sure if this would be good for all forums
- XML - Security Issues
- PLS - To my knowledge this is a streaming audio/video extension, I am unsure of the popularity of it, so its a judgement call I guess.
- SWF - Use the [flash] BBcode Instead.. Almost identical functionality..
It may not need much tweaking, but I think that a few more programming languages should be included into the plain text, (I am not sure of the security implications of Allowing Perl, PHP, C#, HTML or XML (XML and HTML Should be Fine).. but i am sure that there can be a few more that people will use..)
Hope someone replies.. Yawnster
Final List can be found : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25029&p=158844#p158844